Friday, May 2, 2008

Party Preparations


Today we are preparing for a party - a farewell for friends who are moving away next week. It is a happy sad kind of day, since we are all excited about the party, but sad about loosing our friends. The children have known that this move was possible for well over a year, and yet, they are deeply grieved that it is actually going to take place so soon. Our Dreamer has decided that ballet just doesn't hold the sparkle for her without her 'best' friend, and has decided to pursue other interests next year. Our Storyteller is determined to practice his handwriting more so that he can write letters to his dear friend and be 'pen pals'. I am thankful for e-mail, since I am notorious for not getting things in the mail - I hope to keep in touch with my good friend too!

Tonight 30 or so friends will gather at our home to send off our friends with our love and prayers. We are keeping the menu simple - finger foods, and nothing 'hot'. Since we are still worn out from the flu, I have pared down the preparation to 'the basics'. Everything is homemade, so I need to get busy in the kitchen! I'll just give you the list and if you want any recipes, just let me know!

  • Cranberry / Raspberry Punch
  • Candied Almonds
  • Spiced Nuts
  • Nuts and Bolts
  • Caramel Corn
  • Cheese ball and Crackers
  • Rolled sandwiches
  • Fruit tray with dip
  • Veggie tray with Dilly Dip
  • Cupcakes
  • Caramel fondue with dippers


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a yummy menu! I hope you have a special time with your friends and that the preparations aren't too much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a wonderful time with your friends before they move! Your menu looks so yummy!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to take a picture ....everything turned out nicely, but it was a bit crazy! Thanks for you kind comments!

    blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice time. It can be sad to say good-bye to friends...
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!