Friday, May 9, 2008

Hit and Run


I am now the 'victim' of a hit and run accident. It's the weirdest thing. I was rear ended on the way home form the Doctor's this afternoon. I saw him coming in the rear view mirror, but I couldn't get out of the way. Thankfully, I didn't hit the car ahead of me, but I was pushed into oncoming traffic. Thankfully the lane was empty or we would have been hit again. I've never had an accident before. I hope to never have one again. It wasn't much fun.

I have a head ache, but the children and I are all fine - I think. My neck might need to be checked out -I'll see how it is in the morning. A man who (needed a shave) in a big black Dodge truck hit me, but he didn't stay to take responsibility for his actions. His truck has some front end damage. He had a passenger - a younger man, we think. The back of our van is creamed.

I know in my head that we have much to be thankful for - it could have been so much worse, but tonight I am just so sad that yet another bump in the road has occurred in our family's life. I'm quite sure it's going to be expensive. Time consuming. Frustrating.

I was just hoping for a little bit of peace, rest, quite, and tranquility ... in this life you will have trials ... I get that. I just wish that there was a bit more 'normal' time between the difficulties.

Is it normal that I don't ever want to get into our van again?



John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.


On a brighter note, my Dad and Mum have made the long journey to visit us for Mother's Day - I'm so glad they are here, but I feel terrible that this happened today - it kind of puts a damper on our visit. We'll just have to 'put a good face on it' as Storyteller would say, and make the best of it!

I think maybe a hot bath and sleep are in order. Things will look brighter in the morning!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. It *is* normal to feel like never driving again!

    I'm so sorry this happened, and hope that you and your parents can find some kind of celebration this weekend, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your accident. Yes, it's very normal not to want to get in your van again. And, I often feel the same way -- just a little breather, please, between trials! I pray that the Lord will provide the time, energy, and resources to get your van fixed. Enjoy the time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accidents do have a way of unnerving a person!

    If if don't get by here tomorrow, happy Mother's day to you!♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very sorry to read that you had that accident. I hope that by now you are over the worst of it and that your neck pain is gone?
    Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! Shame on the young man for not taking responsibility. I had a similar thing happen when I was 8 months pregnant with Emily. I didn't want to drive for a long time either and am still nervous when someone gets too close to the back of my van. I hope you have a wonderful time with your parents. (((Hugs)))
    ~Kelli
    P.s. I'm making your oatmeal cookies today. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!