Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tidbits of joy : keep running the race

I'll be honest - I've felt really awful since Monday night, so I've had a hard time finding anything to be truthfully joyful about. Monday, I went to a local greenhouse and found many pretty plants to bring joy to our garden all summer - that was a blessing! I had a coupon that saved me $25 and that was also a blessing! Then this really nasty cold hit me hard - not such a joyful thing! I think I might also have a sinus infection since I have chills and a fierce headache - but I haven't had time to do anything about it!


This week our Dreamer had her ballet recital - and that may not seem like much, but it was a lot to get ready for! There were the missing ribbons needing to be manufactured ( by mommy) for her slippers - ahem! We try to use the ' a place for everything and everything in it's place' motto, but I guess her ribbons were spirited away in the night by some mysterious nefarious villain - who likes long pink ribbons! There was also the up-do and fresh flower bouquet - and way too much other running around!




Note the missing ribbons on picture day ... thankfully her teacher didn't!
She had her ribbons for the recital, and that's all that matters!


Our van is being fixed, so we are using The Historian's little economy car - I guess I needed practice getting in and out of a sardine can and shifting gears! The kids accuse me of being a wild driver, but I just can't adjust to the tight turning radius compared to the van, and it does have some pep! I don't mind the gears, but you really can't successfully ( or safely) blow your nose, steer and shift at the same time - don't ask me how I know - and honey, if you're reading this there may be an issue with second gear .... kidding!

Using the Historian's car means getting him to work and picking him up - which isn't a big deal, but we have a hard time buckling down to work by the time we get home - I like to run errands at the same end of town while we are there, so we have been out longer than I hoped each day.



This morning Dreamer got a new appliance at the orthodontist - a Herbst??? appliance. It is a huge chunk of metal and making her cheeks stick out oddly, along with making her talk funny! Hopefully it will do it's job quickly. No photo ops for a while for her!

Tomorrow is a big interview in Columbus, OH with immigration. I wish I felt healthier. You don't think they would kick me out for just a cold do you? I don't think I'll enjoy a night in a hotel when I'm coughing and keeping everyone else awake! Really, I am just relieved that it will be over with and that we can move on to the next step - whatever that is! At least I will be able to apply for my driver's license again and be able to travel freely. Two really good things!

Finding joy each day isn't so hard, but it is easy to get distracted from looking closely isn't it? Lately, this Scripture has been bringing me comfort and encouraging my heart - may it be a blessing to you as well.


Philippians 3:11-19

I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience his resurrection power, be a partner in his suffering, and go all the way with him to death itself. If there was any way to get in on the resurrection from the dead, I wanted to do it.

I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus.
I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.

So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet!

Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it.

Stick with me, friends. Keep track of those you see running this same course, headed for this same goal. There are many out there taking other paths, choosing other goals, and trying to get you to go along with them. I've warned you of them many times; sadly, I'm having to do it again. All they want is easy street. They hate Christ's Cross.
But easy street is a dead-end street.

The Message

Keep running the race friends, and encourage those whose are there alongside you in the faith!

Keep on!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. How lovely to have a ballet recital! What fun for a girl!!! I hope the immig. appointment goes well and I'm sorry you're on the ill side at the moment. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have some kind of a bug going around our house, too. They never come at a convenient time.

    Christopher's graduation is this weekend.

    I can't believe he is graduation from homeschooling, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running the race with you... Keeping my eye on the prize.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!