- To surge over and submerge; engulf: waves overwhelming the rocky shoreline.
- To defeat completely and decisively: Our team overwhelmed the visitors by 40 points.
- To affect deeply in mind or emotion: Despair overwhelmed me.
- To present with an excessive amount: They overwhelmed us with expensive gifts.
- To turn over; upset: The small craft was overwhelmed by the enormous waves.
Today at a glance:
- waking up in pain again - whiplash or not, it just isn't fun to be in so much pain
- more rain
- saying goodbye to Poppa and Grammy - our visit was too short
- to the orthodontist for Dreamer - new appliance needed. More waiting.
- saying good-bye to our friends who are leaving today for a new adventure in New Orleans
- children to the chiropractor - more visits needed
- my to do list :
- call the doctor re: x-ray results
- call an exterminator re: carpenter ants that are just showing up
- call the plumber re: new water heater not working properly
- get two more estimates for the van repairs
- order soil for the garden
- order mulch for the flowerbeds
- clean the house - bathrooms and vacuuming a must
- investigate the really bad smell in the furnace room
- investigate the really bad smell in the van
- schoolwork basics
- comfort two children who will miss their best friends
- pray for strength
In His grip,