Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Tidbits of joy: a birthday


I want to wish our Historian a very happy birthday today! It is hard to believe we are getting so old, but he'll always have 5 years on me, so I can safely tease a bit! He is my very favorite antique! While he is the first to admit that he isn't perfect, he is a good man, and above all else, he loves the Lord and seeks to live a life that pleases God each and every day. He is a loyal friend, a gentle leader, and a deep thinker. He thinks before he speaks, and avoids hurting others, but he is bold with the truth and will lovingly, though painfully confront when necessary. He is patient, most of the time! He prays for our family, and for many others. He is real - no pretense or falseness. He forgets my faults daily and loves me faithfully. I am so very very blessed to be married to such a man.


post signature

4 comments:

  1. What a gift from God you have received. I can say 'ditto' about my husband too. He is much more of a gentle spirit than I am, I am ashamed to admit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday to your husband, Heather! I am enjoying your tidbits of joy!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 21, 2008

    Bunky said...yesterday actually..but
    couldn't send it without help.....
    Your description of the Historian
    is very accurate and it's so good
    to feel the warmth and love and
    thankfulness you have for him in your
    choice of wonderful words of praise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been blessed, as have I! I love the way you displayed this post. Eye-catching and a perfect way to emphasis the character qualities that God is growing in your man.

    Enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!