Friday, June 29, 2007

Sweet Dilly Dip!


Today we had a wonderful family for a morning play date and lunch. At the last minute I made my Dilly Dip to accompany the veggie platter and plain potato chips! It was a big hit, so I thought I would share it here. I used herbs that I have dried from my herb garden and onions that I have dehydrated, but grocery store jars work just as well and are what I use when I run out of my own!



Sweet Dilly Dip


16 ounces of regular sour cream (we really like Horizon organic sour cream)

1/2 tsp. sea salt

1 scant tablespoon brown sugar

1/2 tsp. dried parsley

1 tsp. dried chopped onions

1 tsp. dried dill weed

1 tsp. dried chives

1/8 tsp. garlic powder



Stir to combine. Refrigerate at least two hours before serving, or overnight for fuller flavor.


It also makes a great marinade for chicken for grilling, and in a pinch works as salad dressing. It keeps about 1 week, but will need to be stirred well before serving.


Image from Antique Clipart

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Thanks for your comment on my site! Your place on-line is lovely! :)

    And I'm going to print off this dill dip. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly, thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!