Friday, June 1, 2007

There and back again ...


I'm sorry I haven't posted all week! This has been a week! Let me tell you! Whew! I had a couple of posts brewing in my heart and mind about some big decisions we need to make regarding homeschooling and my health, but they were too depressing in type, so we'll keep praying on that a while longer.


I have so much to be thankful for, but am too tired to express it properly!


Last weekend I slept for 19 hours, so I guess my body felt the need. Memorial Day was quiet - I'm afraid we didn't make too many good family memories, since I was really not feeling great and we felt incomplete without our boy-o!


Tuesday saw more progress with the master bathroom. Yeah!!!!


Wednesday we watched 3 three week old peregrine falcons being banded - quite a great experience. That evening The Dreamer had her ballet recital and it was just so much fun for her - a great evening! Thursday we travelled 300+ miles across the border into Canada to meet Grammy, stay one night in a hotel with a pool, and then today we drove 300+ miles home - and The Storyteller is finally home!


Now, I am in need of sleep! Tomorrow our little town swells to 100,000 as we host the annual Strawberry Festival and my, oh, my! We hope to get up in time for the 3 hour long parade, but we'll just see. After the week we have had, would it be the end of the world if we just ate strawberry shortcake at home this year? I don't think so!


Praise for energy to do the necessary, to enjoy the beauty of God's majestic falcon creation, to delight in the ballet dreams of one special little girl, to travel the miles in safety, knowing the hand of God was guiding all the way - since I really do get lost in large bathrooms - this isn't a joke now, really I do! To be home - sweet, sweet home again - and with some fun funky new solar lights working their delightful spell in my flower garden ...


'Praise God from whom all blessings flow' really means a lot tonight! I'll be back with pictures soon!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I got tired just reading about your week!

    I really enjoy your blog. I found you through Kelli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HeffalumpJune 03, 2007

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dad - I deleated your comment since it was too detailed for this venu - but thanks for the info!

    lbp - I'm glad you found me and enjoy my blog! Come back and visit when you can! I'm not always good at posting regularly, but I do my best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! You HAVE been busy!!! You should be wiped out!!!

    I wish we lived near y'all- I think a Strawberry Festival sounds wonderfully fun!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!