Friday, June 8, 2007

The End


Vacation Bible School is over for another year. Already? Wow! Today was by far the hottest day, but it wasn't really unbearable! Over all, we had great weather, a fun group of kids, enthusiastic crew leaders and excellent staff, so it was a very good Bible School. The truth of God's Word was shared repeatedly throughout the week. I am very tired, but grateful to have had enough energy to take part!


Our 'boys' are off to Camp for the weekend; it is The Storyteller's first real camp adventure, so I hope he has a great time. The Historian has mixed feelings about the whole summer camp experience, so he is there only because of his love for his son. Which, of course, makes me love The Historian all the more!


So, it is just 'us girls' for the weekend! Our first mission is to set this house to rights! It is a mess - a filthy, dusty, disorganized mess! Since my energies were spent at VBS when I normally would be doing my household chores, we are living in a pigsty! We've got to take drastic action!


If we have time and energy left after the house is cleaned up, we want to do 'something girlie', but at this point I have no ideas!!! Too fatigued for creative thought! Any thoughts or suggestions for a tired mommy and her 9 year old daughter? She's already squashed my idea that we to go to the garden center ....she said she has been there enough! I can't imagine .... humph! Can't fit much in the back of the little car anyway, I guess! The Dreamer has her nose in a book and won't be persuaded to 'go forth' unless it is something really fun!


My friend came over this afternoon to iron clothes for me - what a huge help! Thank you Michele! The mountain was large, but now it is a more manageable hill! I so appreciate her help!


So that's all for now, I guess! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your families!

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps a trip to the craft/scrapbooking store. I enjoy doing the ironing - I just wish I had gotten more done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm..what about a trip to a bookstore? I'll be thinking of you this weekend as you get your home back into order. Wish I lived closer, I would be happy to come help!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Dreamer doesn't want to go anywhere! I think she is tired too! We have to go look for switch plate covers for the bathroom though, so maybe we'll swing by JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby, or the Christian Book Store - we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN!! Girl time!!!! How about painting your toenails together? Go and get a BIG dessert somewhere together and share it!! Rent a girly movie that she would like. Put pink foam curlers in her hair and let her sleep in them (I never could manage to sleep in them, though!!). FUN FUN!!!

    I can't wait to see what y'all do!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs. U - I wish i had read yuor comment earlier - the boys are home and our time is gone - we did have a nice relaxing time, but now I wish we had done more girly stuff! I'm putting your ideas in my file for 'next time'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!