Friday, December 15, 2006

More Smiles Today

Well, we are not all well, but there were a few more smiles today! The were also a lot of grumpy moments and short tempers. The Storyteller's eyes are better but he is still coughing and is complaining about a sore ear. The Dreamer has joined in the hacking cough and is not loving her breathing treatments. The Historian came home for an hour from work to sleep off a bad headache, and I am just wondering when we will ever all be well!
I am tempted to whine and complain and be very discouraged, but I am trying to remember to 'count it all joy' and to be thankful in all things. I know it could be much worse, and that this is just a season of illness that will quickly pass. I am comforted to know that God knows all my worries and cares for our children more deeply than I can imagine!
Now, after a day of wiping noses, washing hands, reading stories, writing recipes and calming tempers, I am heading for a good book and a hot cup of cocoa with a chocloate candy cane stir stick!

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!