Wednesday, December 20, 2006

By this time tomorrow ...


I have an index card at my kitchen sink that my mom sent to me some time ago. It says:
"By this time tomorrow I will have accomplished the impossible."
- C.S.Lewis

I am grateful today for this reminder. The children are still struggling with heavy colds and a fresh cold seems to have found me this week! I awakened with a touch of The Storyteller's eye infection also, and am feeling much in need of a good cry or to just crawl back into bed for the day. Since I really don't have time for that, and it would be very unproductive, besides, I have entreated my Heavenly Father once again for strength for today, and grace to face whatever troubles may be added to my day.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
John 16:33


"In your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. In your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling."
Exodus 15:30
Do you think it was God's planning to have both of these encouragements 'pop' up in my devotional time this morning? I certainly do! His Word is alive!


"God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world."
- C.S. Lewis
My troubles are insignicant compared to the difficulties so many face today, and I do not face them alone. My God shall supply all of my needs again today. I am blessed to have an understanding husband - he had no idea that the 'in sickness' part of his wedding vow to me would far outweigh the 'in health', yet he still loves me dearly and is, right now, praying for my strength and trying to be the best encouragement and support he can. I am indeed, a very blessed woman.
Artwork from All Posters

2 comments:

  1. Amen!! God is good and He does good!!! Psalm 119:68

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mrs. U.! Isn't it wonderful to be His?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!