Friday, July 20, 2007

We're Off!


Tomorrow the children and I begin an adventure of long distance proportions - we are driving almost 700 miles to Poppa and Grammy's home. We will drive through two States and one Province, cross one very confusing international border, travel for hours and hours on busy highways, and stay overnight at a hotel without The Historian. These are all things I am not really comfortable with.


Did I mention that I am not a confident driver either? That I lack energy on a daily basis is no secret - so WHY am I doing this???? To spend time with my parents in the town where I grew up. To see old friends and familiar places, and to rest beside the quiet waters of two wonderful lakes while my children make wonderful memories of sun kissed summer days at the water!


I do ask for prayer for our travels - I know it is only in the Lord's strength that I will be able to accomplish this. I am praying that the children will be well behaved listening to C.D.'s, munching veggies and reading books. We will have lots of stops for sure - my back can't handle such long sitting! I pray for easy stops - no forgotten purses or long waits. I pray for easy on and off ramps and good lane changes - not too many detours, wrong exits or getting lost, and long construction back ups - and I am praying that I will be near a gas station when 'THE DADDY LIGHT' goes on, because I never think to look at the gas gauge otherwise! I am very spoiled in that my husband just always keeps the tank full for me! I am praying for my husband too - he will be very lonely without us, I'm sure. I'm really praying he'll remember to water the plants and pick the produce!


That seems like a lot of things to pray about, but I'm not worried - God alone really knows my needs, even before I bring them to Him, and He will supply. I'll try to blog from my dad's computer, but please pardon my absence if I am not able to! I'll be back, Lord willing, in two weeks or so!

4 comments:

  1. Heather, your post brought back memories of our long distance cross country trips! I will pray for safe travels and that everything goes smoothly. Have fun with your family!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful trip! I pray for traveling mercies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've probably already left ... but my prayers are with you and I am really looking forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your prayer support! We made it safe and sound - praise be to God!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!