Sunday, July 15, 2007

Happy Thrifting



Not long ago, we went to a favorite thrift store to look for more shorts for our growing Storyteller, and my eye caught sight of this unusual item! It was bent, rusty and $2. It came home with me! I carefully straightened it out, primed and spray painted it white, found some burgundy votives in my drawer and hung it in the gleaming white pergola. It looked a bit colorless, so I dug out some green plastic whimsy garland and draped it. The picture isn't very good, but it looks quite at home over our patio table and comfy chairs. The windows in the background are two of our master bedroom windows, so it is nice to look out to the back patio and enjoy my sweet bargain.

3 comments:

  1. it looks beautiful. what a wonderful gift to see past what others may take as 'junk' and to make something out of it that is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love doing this too----very beautiful!

    Many blessings...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!