Friday, July 6, 2007

Show and Tell Friday


Kelli at There is no place like home is hostessing Show and Tell Friday and I thought it would be fun to join in - with a picture of our completed Master Bathroom! We think it turned out really nicely! I think our contractors did a great job - especially since it is their first bathroom as a fledgling company! They jokingly asked me to 'design' for their company, since they really like the choices that we made! Since not everyone is going for the same 'look' and classic, conservative and practical (keeping within the budget) is the only way I know how to do things, I think they'd be disappointed.


Now the fun part is moving everything back into our bathroom and walk in closet - no more brushing our teeth bent over double in the kid's bathroom (their sinks are the perfect height for them!)! I need to get some fabric to make a curtain and we definitely need to order blinds, find some more nice towels and other fun accessories! We also still need mirrors, but I haven't been shopping lately! So, the construction is done, but now comes the fun part!

12 comments:

  1. That is one nice bathroom redo. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for years to come. Have fun accessorizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a pretty bathroom! Our house has only one bathroom, and I do like it, but I sure would love to have a master bathroom! =) I love the tiles you picked out...very neutral, which is the best thing you can do when picking things like tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can feel free to design our bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing quite as fun as seeing a completed project and being happy with it. Your bathroom looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I bet you are loving having your bathroom back and a lovely one at that! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does look great! And it will be fun to pick out the accessories!

    I love your blog title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your bathromm is sooo nice---the bath tub is so big:) You did a wonderful job designing it. Thank you so much for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Julieann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great bathroom. We desperatly need a re-do, but there's way too much to "re-do" right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yippee! I'm so happy that your bathroom is finally finished! They did a wonderful job and I especially like your shower door..the pattern is very delicate!
    Enjoy!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your kind comments - I am glad you all came for a visit to take a look! I am afraid that I will be dragging everyone who comes to the door into the bathroom to take a look!

    I love the glass too - it is so hard to pick from a picture and a 6x6 sample, but it really turned out nicely! I like that it is private!

    We recycled the bathtub - it was installed in 1991 but is still in good shape - it just needed to have the brass grab bars chromed and new faucets, and a good cleaning! Recycling saved us a good deal - I just hope it holds up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful to have a brand new, squeaky clean and shiny bathroom. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!