If you remember this post on my crazy outdoor cushion project, you'll know I was going way beyond my sewing expertise in order to save money and keep our cheap old patio set out of the landfill for at least one or two more seasons! I ran into a major obstacle when my sewing machine could not handle the final sewing of the back cushion to the seat cushion, so I ended up taking much more time than I had planned. I completed the project by hand sewing closely with upholstery thread and a cording needle (after breaking three regular hand sewing needles!). I have the callouses to prove that it wasn't easy! I even covered some buttons to finish them up nicely.
They have been complete for a few weeks, but then we started to have our pergola freshly primed and painted, so I kept the cushions indoors until that was completed. The man who sometimes paints for us is good, but a bit messy! He was working in our little job between the weather and his other customers, so it took much longer than we had hoped. Finally, it has all come together and I am very happy with the end result!
Peppermint, the cat, has already claimed the chaise lounge - and we are trying to figure out how to keep him off it, but I am afraid it is an impossibility.
Welcome to our back patio!