Sunday, July 22, 2007

We Made It!


We made it to Poppa and Grammy's in one very long 12 hour travel day! The weather was perfect! The traffic was heavy at times, but overall not bad. We didn't get lost! Praise the Lord! I was confused at the border a bit, but there was a car ahead of us that had a bumper sticker that said,"Jesus said, FOLLOW ME, and I will make you fishers of men" so I followed that car! It seemed pretty clear to me! They are doing a lot of construction at the border and re-routing everyone and it is just a mess. We had an easy crossing, and the guard was one we had met before - very nice.


I found out just before we left that the hotel that we usually stay at was booked with a convention, and that made me uneasy. It's one thing to stay alone with the kids at a familiar place, but another to go to a strange hotel. We kept going and since I wasn't feeling too tired and the kids were excellent (until the last 1/2 hour), I just kept on. I thought we would find a hotel up the highway, but by the time we stopped for supper, we were only 2 1/2 hours from our destination, so we ate, stretched and moved on. We arrived at 10:30pm.


I am very weary, achy and sore, but I feel so blessed and relieved to be here at last. Poor mum wasn't quite ready for us, but was very gracious none the less! I am too tired for church this morning, but I know with rest I will be just fine!


We are expecting a 'heat wave' of sorts here this week - it has been very cool so we are just blessed beyond measure - the kids will just love being in the water every possible minute! I knew if we brought our sweaters and sweat shirts we would get some lovely warm weather!


Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. We have much to be thankful for!

6 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 22, 2007

    Hi, I'm new to your blog.
    My family drove over 13 hours to a family reunion in another state last month. NEVER again!!! It was incredibly difficult because of health issues I was having. I can sympathize with your fatigue, and with your relief in finally arriving.
    You have a nice blog.
    I hope you have a very nice visit.
    joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you arrived safe and sound, Heather!! I remember those trips across the border so I'm glad you got someone nice. :0)
    Have a wonderful time with your family and I can't wait to hear about all the fun things you do!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Can you tell us about the butterfly?
    Glad your trip went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Heather, praise the Lord you are there safe and sound!! He is good!

    I know what it is like to drive many hours with Hunny to visit family. It is worth it, but also tiring and a lonely for both--being without each other.

    Have a lovely time with your family and friends, and I'll continue to pray for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi joanna - thanks for visiting! I'm sorry your trip was so difficult - maybe someday the memory will fade and you'll try it again! You know what they say ... never say never ... !

    Kelli - we have rarely had trouble at the border, but you just never know - I have often been searched - for some reason I must look a bit suspect! My husband has only been searched once - with a car full of stuff for college - it took him some time to put it all back in!


    Kimberley - this is a glass winged butterfly - lovely isn't it?

    Heather - we are having a lovely time - thank you! We are praising the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen anything like it! It looks fake. Are they common where you are?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!