Monday, July 9, 2007

Maple Muffins


Momma's Maple Muffins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 8 muffin cups.

Blend together:

1/4 cup melted butter

1/3 cup brown sugar

1 tsp. sea salt


Add dry ingredients and blend until crumbly:

1 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (I use part whole wheat)

2 tsp. baking powder



Add and stir together:

3/4 cups rolled oats


Mix together well and stir in to dry ingredients just until moistened:

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup pure maple syrup


Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from muffin tins. Cool and spread with glaze.
Glaze:
1 tbsp. soft butter
1/2 cup sifted icing sugar
1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 tbsp. milk
Mix together until smooth and spread on cooled muffins.
We had these for breakfast and I thought you might like the recipe too! The original is from a 1982 edition of Muffin Mania, but I have made a few alterations, since the original was too sweet for our family. I often double the batch, but not the glaze since there is more than enough for two batches! Enjoy!






8 comments:

  1. Those looks DELICIOUS!!!! I LOVE muffins!!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bake muffins about three mornings a week - and even cornmeal muffins for supper! I make english muffins and muffins that taste like donuts! We are muffin people too!

    These maple muffins are becoming a favorite since I have 1/2 gallon of 'cheap' dark amber maple syrup to 'use up' in baking. It is two seasons old and is getting a bit strong, but we keep it in the freezer so it is still good for baking! It makes the muffins very 'mapley'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does look delicious! I'll have to show my daughter, the baker, the recipe!

    Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, those look SO yummy, Heather!! I love maple syrup and have plenty in my fridge right now so I will be trying your recipe soon!! Thank you for sharing your muffin tips with me in my breakfast post! Are your English muffins hard to make? I buy those on a regular basis and they are so expensive!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelli - English Muffins are really easy to make, actually - I can never figure out why they cost so much! Would you like my recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you didn't ask me ;), but I'd love to have your English Muffin recipe! They do get a bit expensive; especially at the rate of consumption around here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll try to post my english muffin recipe as soon as possible - I need to get to the bulk store and buy some bread flour! Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,I am a new mom and I have the nesting bug big time. I am always looking for new recipes to spoil my husband and to show him how much I love him. These muffins were amazing thank you so much for sharing this recipe. My husband and family were very impressed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!