Monday, January 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.

For Today
Monday, January 26, 2009

Outside My Window...
Snow! We lost all but a speck of our snow last week, but now we have a bit more.
It's only about an inch or so, but the world outside my window is fresh and whiter.

I am thinking...
What a difference a week can make!
Thankfully, I feel so much better than last Monday.

From the learning rooms...
We are back to school - all our usual subjects!
I hope to finish "Mother Theresa" this week and move on to our next read aloud.

I am thankful for...
Healing and all of the help and tender care I received
- especially from my Historian.

I am praying for ...
Discernment and encouragement.

From the kitchen...
There are some dead things in my fridge that really need to be cleaned out!
I need to get some groceries, get back on our menu plan and resume the recipe testing
- January is almost over and I have about 10 more recipes I'd like to try!

I am wearing...
Long denim skirt, white turtle neck, and soft lilac cotton hoodie jacket.
I love the little touched of velvet ribbon on my jacket ... they inspire me!

I am creating...
A big long shopping and to-do list!

I am going...
Just taking one step at a time - I am so much better, but not entirely over my multiple infections. I can swallow without any pain today for the first time - Yeah!

I am reading...
Better Homes & Gardens is on my bedside table, but I don't have a book on the go right now.

I am hoping...
That things go really smoothly for my Immigration Physical on Wednesday.
They found my old physical results, but they are so out of date (perhaps because they misplaced our file for two years????), it must be re-done.
Another big expense, and royal pain.

I am hearing...
It is our 'after lunch' break right now and I think Dreamer has her nose in a book.
Storyteller is obviously in a fight against evil and I can tell by the sounds,
the weapon of choice light sabers!

Around the house...
I'm not sure where to begin - it kind of looks like a tornado hit!
If it's true that the Mama is the glue that holds the household together
... we've definitely come 'unglued'!
I wish I had the energy to whip everything back into shape in a day,
but it's going to have to be a bit at a time!

One of my favorite things...
Watching our children sleep and praying blessings over them as they do.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
1. Continued rest and recovery.
2. Schoolwork, extra-curricular activities, a birthday party and co-op bowling party!
3. Cleaning and Mount Ironmore
Poppa and Grammy are coming this weekend, Lord willing!

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:


I enjoyed pouring soy wax into my old candle jars and recycling them!
I can't wait to burn them!

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are making progress on getting better. Your pies look wonderful -- I would have loved to eat them! :) we did make a pie for Sunday, so that was nice.

    Your cat is so pretty! I'm glad to know about him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your list. Don't feel bad, I have some dead things in my fridge to get rid of too!

    I hope you continue to feel better. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, so glad you are feeling better! Wow, I scrolled down and read about your pie baking day...those pies look so beautiful and delicious! I bet you made a lot of people happy!!!
    Hugs!
    Ruthann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get feeling better! I enjoyed your day book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO GLAD you are feeling better! The candles are lovely.

    By the way...I really like your new blog look. :-)

    Blessings, Kim Wolf<><

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!