Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Better?

Yesterday morning, our sweet sweet Storyteller bounded into our room around 7:30am. I was still mostly asleep, but not for long!

'Mama!'

'Mmmm .... yes, Bud?'

'Mama! You're not contagious anymore!'

Than he slipped a soft sweet kiss on my cheek and ran humming out of the room.

What a lovely way to greet the day!

I am truly better and yet still really unwell. Thank you for all of your prayers and kindnesses!

My ears and sinuses have responded nicely, but my throat and glands are still so very tender, and my mouth continues to be a raw sore point. I am still enjoying soft, bland things only, as even the 'magic mouthwash' cannot numb things sufficiently to actually chew something as interesting as toast. I am missing my morning vice - orange juice! We had nice soft pasta for supper, but the tomato sauce was too acidic I guess. Ouch! I'd better stick to yogurt and scrambled eggs - well cooled!

One of my meds is keeping my brain in full gear at night when all I long for is sweet precious sleep. I've been trying to use the time to pray and wait on the Lord. In a sense, I have so much to be thankful for even in this. Impressed again and again on my heart are these words of comfort and assurance of God's unfailing faithfulness ...

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, and today, and for ever.
Hebrews 13:8

He really has it all covered, doesn't He?

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I'm praying for a quick and complete recovery.

    When I had that throat infection in December, I told my family I would MUCH prefer (if given a choice) something like the flu where you could almost sleep through it.

    For I couldn't anything and I kept waking up at night so I really can empathize with you.

    That is just a horrible illness to go through. I do pray you get well very, very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!! I am so sorry that you've been ill!! It certainly is NO FUN being sick- especially when you are a homemaker AND homeschooler!! I am happy to hear that you are on the mend! And I agree, what a GREAT way to greet the day!! What a sweet child!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeed, He does have it all covered. You said it just right. THanks for the enocuraging words.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you are making progress but sorry that you are still quite unwell. I hope you will soon be able to sleep. Awake at night is something I find very hard when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, He certainly has covered it all!

    Storyteller's sweet comments just warmed my heart. Life just doesn't get sweeter than that.

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!