Monday, January 5, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, January 5, 2009
A fresh new page for the New Year!


Outside My Window...
Once again we are blessed by sunshine - but clouds are moving in fast!
No snow on the ground!

I am thinking...
That new beginnings are a blessing!

From the learning rooms...
Plunging back in to our work with a freshness that comes from a restful break!

I am thankful for...
Our needs being met each and every day, with some extra to bless others
and for the occasional 'splurge' for ourselves!
We spent one night enjoying the warmth and fun of 'Great Wolf Lodge' over the weekend
and it was quite a nice way to end our Christmas break.
The Historian and I are achy from all of the unaccustomed exertion
and are still quite waterlogged,
but we all had such a great time enjoying the indoor water park!

I am praying for ...
A family who is hurting, a friend who is overwhelmed,
and for myself - wisdom and strength once again.

From the kitchen...
I need to clean out the fridge and make a menu plan and grocery list for this week.

I am wearing...
Black long skirt, sage green long sleeved t-shirt and sage green waffle weave hooded vest.
Totally comfortable and ready for the day!

I am creating...
A new more workable cleaning schedule for everyone.

I am going...
Monday's are good home sweet home days, but later I'll be taking Dreamer to ballet and the Storyteller and I will run for groceries while we are out.

I am reading...
Gardening catalogs of course ... so far I am thrilled with Burpee and Stark!

I am hoping...
To be an encouragement to others and a blessing to my family.

I am hearing...
The quiet tick tock of the grandfather clock and the whistle of the tea kettle.
The Historian has Dreamer at her piano lesson, but the Storyteller is still sound asleep.
I know I need to awaken him very soon,
but he is so tired after our fun weekend, and I am enjoying the solitude.

Around the house...
Thankfully we left the house clean, and it except for a few 'hot spots' things are pretty much in order. We have piles of laundry - washing and ironing to tackle!
Mount Ironmore is getting out of control once again!
*sigh*

One or two of my favorite things...
Pretty scented drawer lining paper (which I received for Christmas)
and candles burning brightly.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
1. School work and our regular weekly routine.
2. Preparing for our immigration appointment next week!
3. Cleaning and Mount Ironmore.

Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:

Enjoying the fruit of last summer's labor!

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heather, I'm so glad you stopped by so that I could find you. I have so enjoyed your daybook. It has blessed me this evening.

    We, too, are searching for a home church. I'll remember you and your family as I continue to pray for ours. I certainly understand how crucial it is.

    I'll be back to visit.

    Blessings,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!