Monday, January 12, 2009

The Simple Womans Daybook


I really enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook when I am able to.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, January 12, 2009


Outside My Window...
Snow! snow! snow!
It's only about an inch or so, but the world is fresh and white and clean!
Thank you Lord for the snow!

I am thinking...
I usually love shoveling when it is light and fluffy like this dusting is,
but I'm not feeling very energetic so far this morning!

From the learning rooms...
We have 'the basics' this morning, but also need to get to work on our co-op projects.
The Storyteller needs to work on his creation poster and
Dreamer is excited about her Ohio History project!

I am thankful for...
Sweet friends and God's amazing provision.

I am praying for ...
Tomorrow is our 'big' immigration interview in the city - this time it is to change
my temporary status to a permanent resident status.
I am praying for traveling mercies and for all to go well.
I am praying for strength and for peace - right now I feel anxious and worried.
There have been so many bumps in this long long road ...

From the kitchen...
I hope to make cheese bread and maybe some nice soup for lunch.
It just looks like a good day for soup!
Cookies for our trip perhaps?

I am wearing...
Jeans ( it feels funny, but is far more practical for snowy days), a cream turtleneck and a cream hooded sweater, thick rag wool socks - which also feel funny since I usually wear tights.

I am creating...
Our mantel still looks so bare - I need to make it pretty this week!
Yesterday Mrs. M and I were completely spontaneous and went for a fun afternoon adventure - exploring little antique shops and dreaming big dreams!
We stopped at the Flower Factory and I bought a few things to spruce up the mantle.
Last week I created sweet ice cream cone measure tapes from Betz White's Warm Fuzzies book!
That was so fun - I like using up the wool scraps from our purses!

I am going...
Monday's are good home sweet home days, but later I'll be taking Dreamer to ballet and the Storyteller and I will run for a few groceries while we are out.

I am reading...
I am back to my quiet time - praying through the Scriptures.
All things light and fluffy for my before bed reading - my two current favorite authors
- Cathy Marie Hake and Mary Connealy are making me smile!

I am hoping...
To leave our home nice and tidy for tomorrow so that the rest of the week goes smoothly!

I am hearing...
Cars on the now wet roads and our Storyteller quietly reading to himself.
The washer is doing it's job!

Around the house...
We didn't do much cleaning over the weekend, so it's time to tidy up!
I tried to get on top of Mount Ironmore, but my iron and my back up iron are not working properly - I got about 1/2 the pile done Saturday since we were grounded by freezing rain.

One of my favorite things...
A letter or call from a far away friend!
Playing in the snow!


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
Continuing to pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
1. To the city we go tomorrow for my immigration interview!
2. Schoolwork, extra-curricular activities and co-op!
3. Cleaning and Mount Ironmore.


Here is a picture thought I'm sharing:




Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. THanks for your comment, Heather. We did end up having a rather peaceful day. :) I've enjoyed reading at your little corner here.
    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope tomorrow goes well! The pictures of the kids are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be praying for your interview tomorrow. I'll also be praying that you get a nice quick visit to Canada again soon too =)

    Your comment about soup reminded me of how wonderful your Mom is. Right now we're like the northern branch of the "House of Plague". My Dad is sick, I'm really sick and my poor wee Sweetpea is coming down with something too and since she doesn't quite have the words for what's going on can only tell me "I hurt myself".

    Anyway, your Mom delivered a delicious chicken soup for us for dinner tonight with some wonderful tea biscuits and cookies as well. It was a real treat, specially as I think my Mom must be getting quite tired being the only healthy one right now.

    It was greatly appreciated and yes, it is a soup kind of day!

    Under His mercy and grace,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather!!!
    Being from the South, I just can NOT imagine getting out in the snow! OH MY!!

    How did yourinterview go yesterday??

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I DO hope your interview went well. Please let us know.

    Blessings, Kim Wolf<><

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that your appointment went well!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your daybook is delightful! Hope all has gone well with you immigration status. Love the photos of those rosy cheeks!

    Smiles,
    Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!