Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fall Supper

I tried a new recipe tonight - I ended up changing it significantly since I found the recipe too complicated, I didn't have all the original ingredients and I left out the things that I knew would not be appreciated by my family. It turned out to be tender, slightly sweet and perfect for a fall supper! I hope you enjoy it too! My hubby says 'It's a keeper!' and the kids liked it to.




Apple Chops

4-6 boneless pork chops, fat trimmed
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
¼ cup fine dry bread crumb
1 tsp. olive oil
½ cup + 2 tsp. sweet apple cider
2 Granny Smith apples, skins on, cored and cut into 12 wedges each
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp. corn starch

Combine cornstarch with 2 tsp. of apple cider to make a smooth paste and set aside.


Heat olive oil on medium heat in a large frying pan.


Combine salt pepper and bread crumbs in paper bag and add pork chops. Close tightly and shake bag to coat. Remove chops and place in hot oil. Brown 3 minutes on each side until golden. Add ½ cup apple cider and apple wedges. Bring to a slow simmer. Simmer for 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the chops - mine were all about an inch thick and took 8 minutes. Add maple syrup and continue to simmer until pork is cooked and apples are tender - about 5 minutes. Remove chops and apples to serving plate and keep warm. Add cornstarch mixture to juices in pan and stir until thickened. Pour over chops and apples on serving platter. Enjoy!

I thought it looked so pretty when I added the apples! I didn't take a picture before serving - we were too eager to eat!

4 comments:

  1. It looks delicious! And sounds like a perfect recipe for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum--that looks delicious!!--we will have to try it this fall.

    Blessings,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, this looks like the perfect fall dinner! Yum! Thank you for the recipe!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!