Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tea Party


Today we enjoyed a small Valentine Tea Party with some friends! The Dreamer set the table and The Storyteller put the napkins out. It was fun to use our new cloth - so pretty. I didn't find any spray roses, but my mini carnations were quite a nice addition! The children chose the menu - vanilla cup cakes and iced sugar cookies - I added my mum's pink party squares because I have not had them in sooooo long! We had such a nice time just talking and visiting. I wanted to have a craft ready for the children, but there was dissention in the ranks, 'please can't we just play - it's been so long!' So play they did! I like to keep things simple sometimes! It was a busy day, but lovely, and now we are all ready for rest.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table. I love the cloth, and recognized it from a previous post!
    Tea parties are such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea party was wonderful, and a lot of fun. Heather, your gift of hospitality is a blessing to those you share it with. I don't think you do anything that is "simple." You do make others feel loved and special! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so, so, so pretty!!!!

    'MN'

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks beautiful!

    What are pink party squares?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could've come, it looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful! I was checking out the beautiful plates! Sounds like a really nice tea party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your table is absolutely gorgeous!!! What a wonderful tea you all had!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your kind comments! The Dreamer chose her great grandmother's everyday china for our little tea party because the pink flowers matched the cloth so well. We are constantly on the lookout for more china to restore the set for Dreamer to have one day. My brother in law took all of the serving pieces and tea cups for 12 to Goodwill shortly after my husband's sister died 3 years ago. It is called 'Margareta' and it is Edelstein Bavaria china made in Germany.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!