Sunday, February 4, 2007

Roses Forever


Don't you just love a bargain? I sure do! One of our favorite Amish family restaurants has a wonderful giftshop - I sometimes visit just to drink in the beauty and rarely spent much money, but come home with lots of ideas for our home. Yesterday, they were having a 'yard sale' and I had just a few minutes to look around after our delicious meal. I found this lovely 40's style table cloth and 5 napkins. I purchased 3 matching tea towels and have cut them down to napkin size and hemmed them, since I like to have extra napkins!

The total price for this wonderful set would have been more then $100 full price and I paid $2o! They are so pretty and cheerful - I am planning to use them for our Valentine's Tea Party and then I think they will look wonderful for a sweet girl's birthday, or outside on the patio garden this summer! So many possibilities. I have seen many simular vintage sets for much more money, and never with more than 4 napkins. I was so pleased! They go so nicely with many of our good dishes! Pretty in pink roses!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Heather, they are gorgeous and what a great deal you got! It sounds like a wonderful store.
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, that is great! I LOVE to just browse and take in all the homey things in little shops myself.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! Do I ever love Roses! :-)

    Thank you much for your comment in my Blog. A lovely one, about reproducing the clothing in 'Victoria' magazine for yourself using thrift store clothing 'made over.' Such a lovely comment.

    'MN'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you got a marvelous deal. Roses are one of my two favorite flowers.
    Looking forward to reading more of your postings.
    Betty at Country-Charm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather,
    I just found your site, and I have enjoyed reading a few posts back. I am new to blogging, and am finding lots of new friends!
    Love, love, love the beautiful tablecloths/napkins. I have such a hard time finding anything that looks vintage.
    I look forward to reading more!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind comments! I am having trouble posting lately, so I'll keep trying - please check back! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!