Monday, February 19, 2007

Drip! Drip! Drip!


DRIP, drip, drip! It wouldn't be so bad if it was all outside of the house, but these drips are audible inside, and there is no denying the slightly soggy carpeting, 'sigh'!

We thought we had this problem fixed two years ago, but I guess, given the right conditions, ice can back up and lift shingles any old time! It is a bit discouraging, but certainly not the end of the world. We have learned so much about purchasing a home from this experience - buyer beware is only half of the story! On a more cheerful note, the temperature hit 41 F today and it was nice to see the snow melting.

Also, The Storyteller and I had quite the insightful conversation today. It went something like this:

'Momma! I have to check your liver! Let's make an appointment! The 10th looks good for me, how 'bout you? O.K.?

After he stuck his 'liver testing device' under my sweater, he proclaimed in a loud voice.

'The blood is bad! It's very bad! That's not good, is it? We have to do more tests! There will be one or two surgeries but you'll be sleeping. It's going to hurt! That's not good, is it? You might even die really soon, but that's o.k. because Jesus already got you ready for heaven. That's good isn't it? Come back next week for more good blood.'

This Momma is really hoping her sweet boy has not been blessed with the gift of prophecy .... just yet!

I have good days and bad days with my health. Can you tell what kind of day this was?

The Storyteller had a great speech therapy appointment today. It was very encouraging to know we will soon be finished with therapy. The Storyteller needs to learn to organize his thoughts before he begins to speak and that will solve many of his problems. He likes to talk - a lot! Mrs. Therapist said he wouldn't have nearly the problems speaking if he wasn't so bright! I had to laugh at that one!

We are learning about God's covenant promises each day and today's was such a comfort and blessing.

I will be your God.

You will be my people.

I will dwell with you.


These promises are found all through Scripture. It is wonderful to dwell in the presence of God and to know He loves me.



5 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is funny and I also hope he does not have the gift of prophecy!

    I know, taking it one day at a time is all we can do...that, and pray a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your son sounds adorable, Heather! I'm sorry to hear about the dripping and also how you are feeling today. I will keep you in my prayers. Sending some hugs your way too...
    Love,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for praying! I'm not feeling completely better yet, but today was very busy and tonight we participated in a geography fair so that was a good distraction! Time for rest now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather,
    I am praying for you...I think I have read most of your posts in the your archives, but I didn't know what the cause of your illness was. Now I know from your posts at Brenda's and my blog too.

    I am so blessed to read of your walk with the Lord and how personal your relationship with Him is. And it puts a smile on my face to read of your godly home and family! I so enjoy your blog!

    I know from my own experiences that your illness will only cause you to to cling to Him more.

    I was wondering how your husband is with his kidney stone? Maybe I missed a post, I am not sure.

    I will pray healing and strength for you!
    Blessings, Patty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!