Monday, October 20, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook as I am able.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, October 20, 2008

Outside My Window...
Sunny and bright. Most of our pretty leaves are gone, but many trees are still green.
It's a crisp morning but I'm sure it will warm up some later.

I am thinking...
Of the length of my 'to-do' list! Oh my!

From the learning rooms...
We are plugging along with the basics.
I need to 'tweak' our schedule again to fit in more math facts practice for both children.

I am thankful for...

Something wonderful to look forward to - my Mum is coming in two weeks!

I am praying for ...
wisdom and direction for our family.
We are looking for a new church to fellowship with, and it is a difficult decision.

From the kitchen...
I plan to make pumpkin bread and beef barley soup today.

I am wearing...
Denim capri's and a cream colored sweater with a cream turtle neck under.

I am creating...
Many things for the upcoming Craft Fair!
Tassels, woolen purses, soother sacs and woolen flower pins!

I am going...
nowhere - it's a home sweet home day.
Both children are full of colds so we are not going anywhere today.

I am reading...
just my Bible during quiet time this morning
and my Bible Study Book

I am hoping...
that these colds are short lived!

I am hearing...
The Historian is in the kitchen making breakfast and juicing carrots, celery and apples.
Dreamer is sniffling and the Storyteller is still asleep - snoring with congestion.

Around the house...
Vacuuming is high on the list and bathrooms need attention too!

One of my favorite things...
the power of God's Word to speak to my heart in any given situation.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. Pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
  2. Schoolwork and co-op.
  3. Finish preparing the yard for winter.
  4. Pull the last of the annuals and finish planting bulbs
  5. Finish the tassels for the craft show so that I can make room for Grammy.
  6. Finish cleaning out closets and pass on the hand me downs.
  7. Plan a play date for the children with some new friends from co-op.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Comfort food for those of us with colds!

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time w/your mum!

    Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather,
    I have enjoyed your daybook and your blog.
    Thank you for sharing,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great daybook! Your crafting sounds like so much fun :)

    Thanks for visiting this morning!
    ~Mrs.Cuddles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings for quick recovery for your children! Your nuturing and the juice and soup sound like just the right comfort.

    I would love to see pictures of what you're creating for the craft fair- they sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your daybook and the soup looks yummy! I hope your children get over their colds soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pumpkin bread, yum! Sounds so good! Hope you have a wonderful week & thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!