Monday, October 6, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook as I am able.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, October 6, 2008

Outside My Window...
Sun and clouds, more clouds now than earlier.
Everything is still surprisingly green, but there are some leaves changing too!
With such a dry summer and then the winds of Ike,
we don't think it's going to be as lovely as usual, but there should be some color soon.

I am thinking...
We'll need sweaters this morning, but by afternoon we'll be warm.
Today we will pick a 'Simple Autumn Joy' slip from our jar of ideas and do whatever it says!

From the learning rooms...
Mondays are full with Piano and Ballet for Dreamer, and our regular schoolwork.

I am thankful for...

My new stove - installed and working just fine, thank you very much!!!
Also, the simple beauty of the changing seasons.

I am praying for ...
wisdom and direction for our family
- we need to make a big decision soon and it is very difficult.

From the kitchen...
Yesterday I made a batch of Chicken Noodle Soup and a batch of Pumpkin cookies
- they seem to be really popular around here!
We bought more apples this weekend - this time for apple sauce and eating!
Perhaps another batch of apple butter and apple pie filling too.
I have pumpkins to cook and freeze also.

I am wearing...
Denim capri's and a rust colored sweater - my hair is down.

I am creating...
A beautiful tray from a wreck I found at Goodwill, some new-to-me lamps that need a face lift, two cloches out of old lamp parts, recycling some shutters for our fall decor, revamping a fake floral arrangement that has seen better days, making a chalkboard out of some old doors that I found for $1, creating a new door wreath for fall, helping to get the furnace room cabinets up and out of our sun room, and more tassels - naturally!

I am going...
Crazy with the room by room de-cluttering! We have already divested ourselves of several boxes of things we are no longer using! So nice to do this fall purge and lighten the load.

I am reading...
just my Bible during quiet time this morning
and my Bible Study Book

I am hoping...
To make good headway with the projects on my list, and to get the fall nesting finished.
Next week I plan to sew for our growing children -
they need p.j.'s and warmer pants for Storyteller/skirts for Dreamer.

I am hearing...
The sound of the washer finishing it's cycle.
Dreamer humming as she works on her schoolwork.
She is waiting for a cookie and some cider for her mid morning snack!

Around the house...
These piles of things we are getting rid of need to be moved out the door! Usually they would wait in the sun room for the next trip to Goodwill, but the sun room is otherwise occupied!

One of my favorite things...
just being a homeschooling momma!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • On the 12th, my Historian and I celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary!
  • We are planning a date night on the 10th and I am really looking forward to spending some time with my sweet husband.
  • I still really need a cut and color - before our date night!
  • some shopping - maybe a new outfit for the occasion?
  • cleaning - bathrooms, dusting and vacuuming
  • apple sauce making

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Dreamer is not fond of cake, but she loves Pumpkin Pie - so this is her 'Birthday Pie'.
Not as good as Grammy's, but it passed!


Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Your whole post made me go YUM. And not just about the food either.

    It's so nice to meet you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading you daybook! I'm having school today with just one! I have one sick and he is laying down. I love being a homeschool mom -- we do things as we see fit. Most people just don't understand -- as I ran across that this morning. Anyway thanks for sharing -- Much Love --

    Anissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I meant to ask--what's a 'simple autumn joy from your idea jar'? I think it sounds like a splendid idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 17th Anniversary!! We celebrated ours a few months ago.

    We also have piano and ballet on Mondays...busy day.

    Have a beautiful autumn day!...thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    ~Mrs.Cuddles

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know, I have no idea what pumpkin pie tastes like. Perhaps one day I will the chance to try it!

    I plan to go to Virginia next year, Lord willing, but I doubt if I will have it at Easter time!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post. I'm thinking about some pumpkin pie and cider, myself! Thanks! lol

    Glad to meet another homeschool mom. We are in our 16th and (sadly) our final year, as my 'baby' is a Senior this year. Unbelievable! What seemed to daunting and far away 16 years ago seemed to have passed in a heartbeat. Enjoy these wonderful years - you will NEVER regret them and neither will your family.

    Blessings from Ohio, Kim Wolf<><

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY GOODNESS, Heather! I remember you!! How funny is that? I should have looked closer at your pic before I commented. Wonderful to see you here. Will you all be back at gym this year?

    Blessings, Kim<><

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim - isn't that funny! Thanks for asking about gym. Our plate is pretty full right now, though the children loved homeschool gym and would greatly benefit from the group, I am afraid that if we add one more thing to our plate, we'll tip the balance and the Momma's health will come tumbling down ...
    We are loving being involved in a co-op this year and that means shuffling my 5 day plan to a 4 day as it is. They are getting a gym class there and are still involved in soccer, swimming, AWANA and ballet for Dreamer - as well as our family fitness times. We may not be at gym, but we are trying to keep our bodies moving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!