Monday, October 27, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I enjoy participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook as I am able.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, October 27, 2008

Outside My Window...
Dull, grey and cold outside - lots of wind during the day yesterday and strong winds during the night. There are a few pretty leaves still hanging on for dear life, but most of them blew away!
Thankfully it is warm and cozy inside our home.

I am thinking...
of what a blessing it is to be so tenderly loved by my family

From the learning rooms...
We did really well last week despite the colds and I hope to keep on task this week! Next week we have a 'scheduled' week off and we are all looking forward to that.

I am thankful for...
Something wonderful to look forward to - my Mum and Dad are coming in less than a week!
Mum is planning to stay for November! What fun we'll have!
Also, the children are over their colds - they were very short lived, so I am beginning to wonder if it was really allergies to all of the combining dust around us.

I am praying for ...
wisdom and direction for our family.
We are looking for a new church to fellowship with, and it is a difficult decision.
The church we visited yesterday was warm and welcoming,
but our children were the only ones there!

From the kitchen...
I have got to find my counter tops today! The 'Tidy-Up Fairy' did not visit our home over the weekend like I'd hoped!

I am wearing...
My old long denim skirt, thick soft tights, an oatmeal colored sweater with a matching mock turtle neck under. I have on my favorite broach on and my hair is down.

I am creating...
Many more things for the upcoming Craft Fair - two weeks! Yikes!
Tassels, woolen purses, soother sacs and woolen flower pins are all piling up.
Yesterday I decoupaged my old Judy with pages from a moth eaten McGuffy Speller, I plan to hang a scarf on her and pin the flower broaches to it for display.

I am going...
The Historian took Dreamer to piano, and we will be going out this evening for ballet - other then that, I hope to be home today!

I am reading...
just my Bible during quiet time this morning
and I am finishing up my current Bible Study Book

I am hoping...
that we hear something from immigration soon.

I am hearing...
The Storyteller has taken up the habit of whistling. Thankfully he is a quiet whistler and for the most part, in tune!

Around the house...
Tidying up the Grammy Flat to get ready for Mum and Dad is high on the list, along with ironing and chasing a few dust bunnies! Oh - and I must find the counter tops ...

One of my favorite things...
Cuddling up under a blanket with a hot cup of tea and a good book.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  1. Pray for the Lord's guidance with our search for a new church.
  2. Schoolwork and a field trip on Friday - fossil hunting!
  3. Finish preparing the yard for winter - one more bed to weed an trim back!
  4. Sew the 6 woolen purses that I got cut out yesterday.
  5. Finish the tassels for the craft show so that I can make room for Grammy.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

A little history was made in our area last week and our Historian got to be there in person!

Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

10 comments:

  1. We just recently went through the process of looking for a new church. I pray the Lord will lead you to one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed your daybook!

    It really is a difficult thing to look for a new church .. seems no matter what the circumstances... lifting up a prayer for your decision and God's guidance....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,
    i enjoyed your daybook.
    Have a blessed day.
    Hugs,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun fo ryour hubby to see and hear sarah palin. we just found a church after moving and looking for one for a couple months. it is a hard, but necessary thing to do. i pray that the Lord will lead you just to the one that is right for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your daybook very much! I hope you find just the right church for your family.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your daybook very much.

    Hope you have a wonderful visit with your mum, and that you find the blessing of a church home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did your Historian enjoy Palin's visit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So there really is a 'Tidy Up Fairy'...thats good to know! Send her over to my place ok? I've enjoyed your Daybook! Trusting the Lord will guide you to the church he wants your family in...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta LOVE Sarah! A modern-day Esther, for sure.

    I would like to invite you to come to our church in Miamisburg - New Hope is right across the street from the high school. Sunday school @ 9:30a.m. and service @ 10:45a.m. Our senior pastor will be away this week and another will preach in his stead, but the doors are always open!

    Blessings, Kim Wolf

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always fun to read your daybook! I do pray the Lord guides you to the right church home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!