Monday, August 25, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I am enjoying participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, August 25, 2008
fall is coming ...


Outside My Window...
Bright, but overcast if that makes any sense.
Thankfully, the humidity has decreased and the temperature is only 74F!


I am thinking...
that I really need a nap

From the learning rooms...
we have some tidying to do this week and lesson plans to complete.
The goal is to be all ready to dive in after our first 'field trip' of the year which is
always a visit to a favorite historical site in Mackinac.

I am thankful for...
leftovers .... lots and lots of leftovers

I am praying for ...
strength

From the kitchen...
Ham and bean soup
ham quiche
ham souffle
ham stromboli
ham and split pea soup
Do you see a theme here?

Menu Plan:
Monday: The Luscious Leftover
Buffet
Tuesday:
The Luscious Leftover Buffet?
Wednesday:The Luscious Leftover Buffet?
Thursday: The Luscious Leftover Buffet?
Friday: Homemade Pizza - with ham, no doubt!


I am wearing...
a comfortable long tan skirt and my lime shell and short sleeved blouse.
My hair still needs a cut desperately, but it's cool enough to be down,
which is good since I'm fighting a headache and this is more comfortable!

I am creating...
nothing much today
... maybe I'll squeeze in a bit of tassel time later on!

I am going...
nowhere, if I can help it!
I've already been to the dentist for my 6 month cleaning this morning.
I had hoped to take the children to the pool later, but we'll see.

I am reading...
just my Bible during quiet time
I think it's time for a 'run' to our favorite bookstore!

I am hoping...
to have a quiet 'last week of summer' before school resumes

I am hearing...
The children are watching a video and the music is really sweet.
It is really unusual for them to have screen time in the morning,
but they are done their morning chores and
asked really sweetly to watch Beethoven's 3rd, which totally tickles their funny bones!
They are giggling so much, I'm not sure they can hear the movie!
They are quite tired today after soccer startup Saturday and all of
the clean up and helping out in preparation for company.
They had a hard time getting to sleep after too.

Around the house...
everything is pretty tidy, but we need to vacuum again and wash the kitchen floor.
There was a raspberry lemonade spill, and it is still sticky!

One of my favorite things...
a fresh clean mouth after a good cleaning

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • enjoying the last days of summer
  • preparing for our family vacation to Mackinac City for the Bridgewalk
  • more blood work
  • writing my book review - really, I think my brain fog is going to clear!
  • continuing the search for a bigger bookcase for Dreamer's room
  • still waiting to hear from Immigration

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


This week the Storyteller learned not to cry over spilled milk!
Grab a rag instead!


Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!

post signature

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming over for a 'cup of tea' and commenting on my blog. I thought I would return the visit. I LOVE your favorite thing. It made me want to brush my teeth immediately.

    Well, I'm off to brush my teeth....

    Blessings,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,

    Your day sounds lovely (minus the dentist visit but teeth do feel good afterwards!)

    It is cooler here today as well and I am hoping the weather continues that way.

    Have a blessed week.

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my daybook. It's always nice to know someone is reading :)

    I'm thinking salsa is a GREAT idea for all of my tomatoes. But what's with all of the ham at your house?

    Ooh, and thanks for the reminder -- I have to make dentist appt's!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, I enjoyed visiting your blog! Gina - enjoy your cooler day! I know I am way more energized when it is cooler here! Laurie, we had a dinner at our home last night and it was poorly attended - I had thawed 12 pounds of ham and only cooked and glazed 8 - which was not all eaten - thus the abundance of ham right now! I have to use the leftovers and the thawed ham up ASAP - we try so hard not to be wasteful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!