Monday, August 11, 2008

Tassels for my sister


My sister took delivery of her tassels over the weekend when she took her boys up to Dad and Mum's for their summer fun in the North. Her oldest boy A, is at the same church camp I was thinking about this morning as the cool morning air whispered through our open windows! Her middle boy M. is staying with Poppa and Grammy and going to the same canoe and kayak camp that our Dreamer had so much fun at two weeks ago! Their youngest T. is home with my sister and her husband but going to a day camp in the city which will teach him about electronics and robotics - too cool! Anyway, she put up her tassels and sent me a picture! I had never seen her window treatments for the family room! Last summer when the children and I where up North, her family was at their trailer, and of course, this summer I am not able to travel out of the country because of my immigration status. I am so pleased that her tassels compliment her family room so nicely! It's nice when things just work out so tickity-poo isn't it?

post signature

8 comments:

  1. That tassel looks perfect! Custom made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do go so nicely! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been skimming through your blog...your tassels are so pretty! You need to post a tutorial!

    Nice to meet you,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving a comment! Hope you have a wonderful day.
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I'm not sure how to do a tutorial, since everyone is a bit different - and besides, I'm just a big copy cat - I am using The Nester's ideas and just bits of trim from past projects - it's addictive too, and I wouldn't want anyone to 'catch' the tassel bug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tassel! It looks perfect with the window treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They match perfectly! Just beautiful!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the tassels. A sewing teacher from New Zealand name Beverly Sheldrick taught me to make small tassels, but I never dared to make large ones. I agree with bella. you need to make a tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!