Friday, August 22, 2008

Plowing through molasses


I shouldn't be sitting here. There is much to be done and I haven't even begun. We have 22 coming for dinner on Sunday, and all my plans to be well prepared, doing a little bit each day so that I'm not in a last minute panic, have fallen through. It's been a week of plowing through molasses, if you have any idea what I mean! I am stalled, procrastinating terribly. I am feeling exhausted and unmotivated, and my timing couldn't be worse. I have had two afternoon naps this week, which just isn't like me. I've spent far too much time on the computer, far too much time doing mindless things.

I feel badly that we have not been at the pool or out on our bikes, making the most of these last days of summer, as we should. The children are not complaining, but I long to do more with them. I am glad that we will be starting school again soon and getting back into our happy reasonable routine, but physically, I am just really tired out. My blood work from last week shows that my thyroid has suddenly taken a nose dive and my meds need to be doubled. I have good reason for this exhaustion, but still, I think I should be able to push myself a bit and move forward.

I am glad to know that as soon as the increase begins to make an impact, I'll be feeling better. Hopefully. Prayerfully. I am concerned about such a sudden change, but liver disease effects more then just my liver, and I understand that. So, for now, I'm plowing through molasses. My brain is thick and slow. I am praying it will clear soon and I'll be able to move forward. In the meantime, I am taking comfort in God's Word, again.

Psalm 127:1

If God doesn't build the house, the builders only build shacks.
If
God doesn't guard the city, the night watchman might as well nap.
It's useless to rise early and go to bed late,
and work your worried fingers to the bone.
Don't you know he enjoys giving rest to those he loves?


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment and visit. I will pray that God gives you the energy you need to complete everything you need to before your big dinner. Twenty-two peoople! That is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wondering how you were doing with the expected company. Im sorry about the thyroid -- no wonder you are plowing through molasses! i'll be thinking of you this weekend and praying that your company goes well. We had a lovely time with ours yesterday evening and today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!