Monday, August 25, 2008

Peach Tea for a Party


I know how popular Peach Tea is with my fun friend Carissa - she orders it every time we go to Olive Garden, and it is good. I thought I'd try my hand at making a big batch for our dinner yesterday and it turned out to be really popular, fairly healthy and quite economical too, so I thought I'd share it here with you all!

Peach Tea for a Party

Brew Tea:

I used 4 bags of PG Tips regular black tea in my 8 cup teapot with freshly boiled water, and allowed it to steep on low heat for 20 minutes. I removed the tea bags and used 3/4 cup organic cane sugar to sweeten the tea, stirring until it was completely dissolved and allowed this to cool. I did this three times for 24 cups of strong sweet tea. Chill in fridge for at least 5 hours.

Place 6 cups of ice in large beverage dispenser - ours is a 3 gallon size. Pour cooled sweet tea over ice. Add 1 can Welches frozen concentrated 100% juice Peach and White Grape and stir well. Add 3 cups if ice cold water and stir. Float lemon slices or peach slices for pretty if you like.

This makes 2 1/2 gallons of Sweet Peach Tea and cost about $3.75 to make. Enjoy!



post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds lovely! I love peach tea. I may have to try this! I write up an article about how to host your own tea party and if I post it on my http://feelinfeminine.com/ site, might I link this post?

    Thank you for stopping by and commenting! It was nice to hear from you and I enjoyed visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for 2 awards. Stop by and accept them. I really enjoy my time at your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Jocelyn - thanks for stopping by - you are more than welcome to link to my post! I'd be honored! And speaking of honors - Jen! Thank you so much, I'll be right over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh yum! I'm gonna have to remember this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!