Saturday, August 16, 2008

For T - a Psalm

Two nights ago I was talking on the phone with one of my nephews - T - who is almost 9 years old. He lives in Newmarket, Ontario. He was telling me all about the electronics and robotics day camp he went to all week and asking me some questions about the Bible. I was stirring up 12 pints of diced tomatoes to can, and enjoying our talk. He told me that his family are reading through the Psalms and he said that it was his idea and they were already up to Psalm 77!

I love to hear about families digging in to God's Word together, so I was asking T which one of the Psalms was his favorite so far. He didn't know, but I started to share one of my favorite Psalms with from memory 'in the old version'. Yes, I'm that old! Anyway, I thought I would share the whole Psalm here for you T, since we were interrupted by your bedtime and my need for two hands while putting the boiling tomatoes in the hot jars! I'll guess you could have it memorized in about three days - it's that easy! Give me a call T, when you know it by heart - you'll make your old Auntie Heather simply happy! I'll even say it with you if you learn it in the old King James version, but you can pick whatever one you like best.



Psalm 100

1Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.

2Serve the LORD with gladness:

come before his presence with singing.

3Know ye that the LORD he is God:

it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;

we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,

and into his courts with praise:

be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5For the LORD is good;

his mercy is everlasting;

and his truth endureth to all generations.

KJV


post signature

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Each and every small bit of this is so powerful, isn't it? I feel moved as I read it. I can see why it is your favorite Psalm!!

    I, too, love the idea of families reading Scripture together. And it's *beyond* exciting to know that there are young souls out there thirsting for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning!



    You are a winner of a List Caddy!

    http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2008/08/winners-of-list-caddy.html

    I tried sending you an email but you didn't leave one and your profile doesn't have one listed.

    Please send me an email with your name and mailing address so that I may forward it on to the company who will be sending your prize directly to you.



    Congratulations!

    Laura
    lauraw68@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favorites too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one Heather.

    We'll make very sure T gets it, and we'll help him here in two weeks to memorize it while at Grammy and Poppa Camp.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!