Monday, August 18, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I am enjoying participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, August 18, 2008


Outside My Window...
Bright and sunny - deliciously cool.
It's supposed to warm up later today, so for now I am enjoying the coolness.


I am thinking...
that I would like at least another month of summer

I am thankful for...
a relaxing and fun family weekend

I am praying for ...
wisdom and clarity

From the kitchen...
salsa, chili sauce, grape jelly,
and maybe some crabapple jelly - only if I get up the nerve to ask
our down the street neighbors if I may pick their crab apples!


Menu Plan:
I haven't checked the food fliers yet, so this is still pending,
except for the two constants!

Monday: The Luscious Leftover
Buffet
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:

Friday: Homemade Pizza


I am wearing...
I'm wearing a denim skirt and my lime shell and short sleeved blouse.
My hair needs a cut desperately, so up it goes!

I am creating...
more tassels - honestly, it is quite addictive!


I am going...
to run some errands before the Historian heads to work!


I am reading...
I finished From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life from the Inside Out
last week but didn't get my thoughts together to write my review - sorry!
I'll have to work on that this week for sure!

I am hoping...
to get a lot done around the yard and house this week

I am hearing...
the washer is almost finished and I need to hang the bedding out on the line

Around the house...
A room by room thorough cleaning is on the schedule for this week,
since we are having company next weekend.

One of my favorite things...
teaching children the exciting truths of Scripture

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • enjoying the last days of summer
  • planning our diner party for 22
  • writing my book review
  • room by room cleaning
  • work in the garden - weeding, watering and planting fall crops
  • continuing the search for a bigger bookcase for Dreamer's room
  • look for some furniture for our side porch makeover
  • waiting to hear from Immigration

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Money may not grow on trees, but my tassels seem to!


Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!



post signature

4 comments:

  1. Great picture of your tassles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty tassels!
    Hi, Heather. Have a great one!:)

    Blessings,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts. Your words have been a blessing and your prayers so very welcomed. Thank you for lifting us up during this time.

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!