Monday, August 11, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I am so enjoying participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook.
It's a great way to start the week with a positive focus.


For Today
Monday, August 11, 2008


Outside My Window...
Bright and sunny - deliciously cool.
I am loving this cool spell in August. It reminds me of summer camp in Northern Ontario - gathering by the flagpole at 7 am to sing 'Oh Canada!' and shivering all the way to breakfast.
We really appreciated the steaming bowls of oatmeal smothered in brown sugar
on those mornings!

I am thinking...
that life certainly is a mixture of joy and disappointment.
This morning Lowe's delivered our second new stove
and it too was broken - in the same place.
I'm glad that my canning can be accomplished on the stove top!
We have 22 coming for dinner in two weeks - now I am beginning to get anxious!
I'll just serve jam and salsa - what do you think? Maybe not.

I am thankful for...
forgiveness
clean laundry and a full pantry

I am praying for ...
patience ... again

From the kitchen...
Last week I made more sweet pickle relish, mustard beans
(those are all for you Mum - just because I love you!),
and salsa! I also put more fruit in the freezer for winter.

Menu Plan:
Monday: The Luscious Leftover Buffet
Tuesday: Chicken Tostadas
Wednesday: Grilled Ham Steaks
Thursday: Grilled Buttermilk Chicken

Friday: Homemade Pizza


I am wearing...
For once I am not in a brown skirt! I'm wearing denim capri's and a long sleeve t-shirt.
I need to stake up the drooping tomatoes, and the long sleeves will protect my arms.
I am allergic to tomato plants and raw tomatoes!

I am creating...
My Moss Ball experiment was successful - but the Historian took one look
and said, "We really need to clean out here more often!" Humph!
I am also creating a menu for our company in two weeks.
In the sewing room, I hope to create two matching pullovers for the children -
they don't need them, but they like to match on the Labor Day Bridgewalk, so I try to accommodate them! I'm afraid it won't be long before matching with your sibling isn't special anymore! Frankly, I'm surprised it has lasted this long!


I am going...
to have a quiet day.
I am recovering from yesterday's migraine headache.
It was a doozie! Pardon any incoherency, please.


I am reading...
I finished From Clutter to Clarity: Simplifying Life from the Inside Out
and hope to write my review later today or tomorrow when my head is clearer!

I am hoping...
they figure out this stove situation and get it resolved soon.
I am really tired of trying to coax our old stove into submission!

I am hearing...
heat bugs and cheery birds, water running in the kitchen, and the voices of our children!

Around the house...
I plan to clean off the mantle and put my Moss Balls in Urns up on display.
General cleaning and putting away greatly needed.
Mount Ironmore is on the rise again - imagine that!
I think the garden is calling me!

One of my favorite things...
hazelnuts - in cream cheese or Gelato - it's all good!


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • writing my book review
  • work in the garden - weeding, watering and planting fall crops
  • peach jam
  • dental cleanings for the children
  • submitting Homeschool Forms to local Superintendent
  • continuing the search for a bigger bookcase for Dreamer's room
  • look for some furniture for our side porch makeover
  • waiting to hear from Immigration

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Psalm 97:6
The heavens proclaim his righteousness,
and all the peoples see his glory.



Thank you for reading my daybook!

Be sure to visit Peggy to read more Daybooks!
There are many others participating in The Simple Woman's Daybook
and it is so much fun to read their thoughts!



post signature

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture, and beautiful blog. :)

    I see you're also enjoying a cool snap in your part of the woods. We are here too... Our high today only was 64! I had to check the calendar to make sure it really was mid-August. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Heather, thank you for your comment at my blog, yes please send us some sunshine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Monday's dinner - The Luscious Leftover Buffet - it sounds so much better than just plain Leftovers or Reruns as my husband will sometimes affectionately call them.

    And your reference to your Mum made me think of my Mum - she's gone now but any mention of the word "Mum" brings her immediately to mind.

    What a lovely daybook! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Heather. Thanks for stopping by. Is that the sky in your pic? It's stunning. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment......
    Very nice daybook....
    Sounds like I need to read that book, too (from Clutter to Clarity).....
    Beautiful picture...
    Blessings,
    Grandma Starr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. It's nice to know others are reading! I love the Luscious Leftovers title for dinner. Do you think that will help my kids eat it? My hubby and I are the only ones that love leftovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Heather! I'm glad you came by to visit my blog...it gave me the chance to come visit yours and I'm so glad I did. Your Daybook entry is so lovely and peaceful, thank you for sharing it. :)

    I'm sorry about the migraines - I get them, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!