Monday, July 21, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

I am so enjoying participating in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook.
It's a great way to start the week with a focus.



For Today Monday, July 21, 2008

Outside My Window...
the day is bright, sunny and warm.

I am thinking...
about our children - so far from home!
I hope they are having a wonderful time with Poppa and Grammy
and their cousin T.

I am thankful for...
quiet time

I am praying for ...
those dear friends who are so fresh in their grief -
May God bring them healing and comfort.

From the kitchen...
Mum just blessed me with 5 boxes of empty canning jars - many pints and jelly jars to put up the bounty of the season. This week I hope to make red raspberry, apricot and peach jam.
I also hope to freeze and can peaches.

This week our menu will be flexible since it is just the two of us. I am really excited about 'Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer' and I hope in the next two weeks to put at least 10 dinners in the freezer. I haven't decided if I'll do an all day cooking spree or just double up on dinners when I cook this week.

I am wearing...
My 'berry picking' clothes since I'm off to pick red raspberries this morning.

I am creating...
a 'to do list' and trying to whittle it down to my top 10 goals for this
next two weeks without children.


I am going...
berry picking

I am reading...
'Small Batch Preserving' - I've got a cookbook theme here I guess!

I am hoping...
that my Historian's leg continues to heal and that he has a good week at work.

I am hearing...
The sounds of my 'servants' - the washer and dishwasher are doing their jobs! I normally cannot hear these quiet machines, but without the children here it is strangely silent!

Around the house...
I need to sort the outgrown clothes and pass them along.


One of my favorite things...
a warm summer day


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • jam making, filling the freezer with berries and peaches
  • painting projects, sewing projects, garden projects
  • cleaning out cupboards and tidying my desk
  • more lesson plans for the fall, finish ordering curriculum
  • continuing the search for a bigger bookcase for Dreamer's room
  • look for some furniture for our side porch makeover - budget $150
  • still waiting to hear from Immigration - figuring out the next step

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Our Storyteller with his birthday bicycle and helmet
and Dreamer with her new 'matches my eyes' blue helmet.



Thank you for reading my Daybook!


post signature

7 comments:

  1. Heather ~ I bet you are missing those kids. Great bike pic.

    Have fun with the quiet house. It sounds like you have some rewarding projects in line.

    For years I keep saying I'm going to do the "don't panic, dinner is in the freezer" but I've never done it...however I was going to label all my stuff as either "don't know" "don't care" or "whatever you want, hon".

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that your children can go to your parents! I do hope your paperwork comes through and you can join them as well! If I was a kid I would LOVE to go to my grandparents for a week (I really only ever knew one grandmother). I hope you are blessed with fruitful and relaxing time while they are away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 21, 2008

    Red raspberry jam!! Yummy!!! I miss this!! Here in the desert the citrus is phenomenal, but the berries...well, I'm spoiled by being raised in Mich!! Miss the raspberries and blueberries!!

    Enjoy it for me!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Robyn
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sonoranstamper/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your lovely Daybook, Heather! You are going to be busy in the kitchen. I would like to make some blueberry and strawberry jam next month.
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so busy! I've always wanted to make jam, but I've never tried it. I hope your husband's leg feels better soon. Enjoy your week, and feel free to come visit my Daybook.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather!
    Thank you for visiting my blog awhile back - we do have several things in common don't we? :-) I know you will miss your children a lot while they are gone, but it sounds like you have two weeks planned full of things that will bless them when they return! :-) I have enjoyed reading your blog for some time now, and I am so pleased to know that you enjoy mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RYC: It's not hard to list things on eBay at all. I write up a description of the item on a Word document, upload a photo of it onto my computer, and then I go to eBay's site. That way, I'm ready to post everything onto eBay. They charge insertion fees, etc., which you pay later, as well as a final value fee if you sell the item. I had four items on eBay, sold three and relisted the fourth. I have a corner of my living room filled with things to put on when my daughters come back from camp and I can borrow the camera! LOL! (I've sold a lot of things on eBay over the years.)

    If you have other questions about eBay, feel free to email me at ahappyheartathome(at)gmail(dot)com.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!