Monday, July 7, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook



I was planning to participate in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook much earlier today, but I got distracted by the impending delivery of our new range!!! For a brief moment, I was all excited about getting it a whole week early, but then the delivery guys opened it, and it was broken.
*sigh*
Back to the drawing board. Another 32 days wait time.
I've been on the phone trying to get it moving a bit faster, but you know how these things go.

On to more pleasant pursuits ....
For Today Monday, July 7, 2008

Outside My Window...
the day is so bright, sunny and very warm. There is a breeze, making it quite bearable. I have been watching a couple of Blue Jays and their crazy antics. My, they are noisy when they play!

I am thinking...
of how nice it would have been to have my new stove in place and working.

I am thankful for...
this new lesson in patience.

From the kitchen...
Monday: The Luscious Leftover Buffet
Tuesday: Chicken Tostadas
Wednesday: Maple Pork Chops with Grilled Veggie packets
Thursday: Grilled Chicken Wraps
Friday: Homemade Pizza

Today the cookie jar is almost empty and I haven't taken any baking to Mr. Neighbor in a couple of days, so maybe some cookies would be good. I have some very sour black raspberries to try to make into something yummy - I'm thinking a tart would be simple, while the oven is on for the cookies. That is, if I can 'trick' it into working again!!!

I am wearing...
My long chocolate brown skirt and a short sleeved blouse that is a bit wild for me - but I like the brown, aqua and moss print on cream, and the lovely brown cotton lace at the edges. It is a comfortable outfit. My feet are bare, and now that I look carefully - they need some lotion! My hair is all wild and curly because of the humidity, so I put it up!

I am creating...
nothing new right now at the sewing table - just plugging through the mending pile.
I did start a very simple 'flag standard' wood working project, copying a great idea from Joy at Joys of Home.
It still needs some black spray paint.

I am going...
to help our Dreamer dust her top shelf - the one thing I didn't get to last week in my attempt to muck out her room.

I am reading...
oh, you are going to laugh! I am reading an old cookbook cover to cover like a novel, and the instruction manual for a pattern grader - trying to figure out of I can grade a vintage dress pattern without buying the dreadfully expensive grader machine!

I am hoping...
that there are still some mulberries left on our friends trees. We had so much rain over the weekend, and I wasn't feeling up to picking yesterday. I am hoping we can get enough for jam.

I am hearing...
my happy children playing nicely together, and the occasional car going past. Because I've been tired, and the heat is a contributing factor, my hubby closed up the house and put on the a/c for the first time in a week.
That makes things much quieter.

Around the house...
Mount Ironmore is overflowing with Dreamer's clean camp laundry, and the sun room needs a quick sweep. Where did that sawdust come from? Moi?

One of my favorite things...
the smell of some of my herbs basked by warm sunshine as I walked by this morning to hang up the sleeping bag to air.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • piano lessons, a bit of daily school work
  • starting lesson plans for the fall, ordering curriculum
  • continuing the search for a bigger bookcase for Dreamer's room
  • finish the mending and get to some fun sewing
  • a new dress for Dreamer is first on the list - my that girl is growing!
  • waiting to hear from Immigration - figuring out the next step


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Dreamer and her Camp Counselor, Miss Summer

Thank you for reading my Daybook!

post signature

7 comments:

  1. I loved reading your daybook. You were so detailed. That is too bad about your stove but at least it is too hot to bake...for me.

    *the date is wrong on your "For Today Monday..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by Gina - and for the correction ... two little letters make all the difference, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your daybook :) Hope you get your stove soon!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Daybook, Heather! I always enjoy hearing what you are up to and I'm glad that your Dreamer had a fun time at camp. Such a great picture of her and her counselor!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't have a good pepperoni to recommend. I get the regular old stuff at the grocery store, but it's a bit greasy for me too. I like Canadian bacon and pineapple on my pizza. :0)
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really enjoyed your post today! I'm beginning to think about curriculum already too! I hope your stove comes quickly! That is a hard one to wait on. Maybe easier in the summer than the winter though.

    We had a lovely time with our guests -- busy, but well worth it. I did lots of buffets as you said and it all went very smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Nice to 'meet' you through your Daybook. I enjoyed it. That's too bad about your new stove. Thank God for air conditioning!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!