Monday, July 14, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Once again, I was planning to participate in Peggy's Simple Woman's Daybook much earlier today, but I had to run to the pharmacy to fill a prescription for The Historian who is suffering with cellulitis in his leg.


For Today Monday, July 14, 2008

Outside My Window...
the day is bright, sunny and warm.

I am thinking...
of the four families we care about who have lost loved ones this past week.
I am thankful that all of those dear ones who passed away loved the Lord
and lived their lives for Him, and so their families have the comfort of
knowing that they are in heaven.

I am thankful for...
a brand new week. We will have a funeral to attend and a memorial next week.
The news yesterday about Baby Elysha indicates that her homegoing is imminent.
Still, it is a new week, and we are thankful for the many joys it will hold.


From the kitchen...
It is jam making season, and time to freeze, can and preserve the bounty of summer for the leaner winter months.

Monday: The Luscious Leftover Buffet
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday:
Sunday:
I haven't done my meal plans for this week - for some reason,
food is the las thing on our minds.


I am wearing...
My long tan skirt and a short sleeved lovely brown t-shirt. It is another comfortable outfit. My feet are bare, and I just realized that I forgot to sunscreen my feet when we were picking berries last week - they are 'sandel striped'.

I am creating...
special sympathy cards for each of the families who have lost loved ones. I am using pretty scrapbook paper and rubber stamps, and each card includes a comforting Scripture.


I am going...
to see if my husband is comfortable - and put a fresh cold pack on his leg. I am also going to get the laundry out on the line - even if it is almost noon!

I am reading...
favorite blogs when I get a chance, and 'Don't Panic, Dinner's in the Freezer' - yes, another cookbook!


I am hoping...
to find some time this week to create, rest and have something special to smile about.
I am praying that my hubby's leg responds quickly to the meds and heals rapidly.
We need to find out how we can prevent this from happening again, since this is the third infection in his legs in the last 20 months.

I am hearing...
The chime of our grandfather clock reminding me that time is fleeting, and the birds through our open windows. Occasionally there is a car going by, and somewhere far off, I hear some machinery - I wonder if someone is baling hay or straw on such a fine day.


Around the house...
Mount Ironmore is soon going to rival Everest! Our whole house needs dusting, and a good vacuum, but somehow it just doesn't seem pressing.

One of my favorite things...
65 jars of jam lined up on my counter waiting for me to find room for them in the cupboard.
So far we have Strawberry, Mulberry and Black Raspberry
- just the start of preserving time!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:
  • Birthday party plans for Storyteller - gift to buy
  • getting ready to travel - if the Historian is able.
  • piano lessons, a bit of daily school work
  • homeschool pool day Tuesday
  • more lesson plans for the fall, ordering curriculum
  • continuing the search for a bigger bookcase for Dreamer's room
  • look for some furniture for our side porch makeover - budget $150
  • still waiting to hear from Immigration - figuring out the next step
Storyteller turns 8 on Saturday!!! We plan to meet my parents so that they can take the children up to North Bay for 2 weeks. Hopefully, I will get some kind of notice from Homeland Security that will permit me to travel without problem, and I will be able to go up too, but if not, we will have two childless weeks. I'm thinking I can get a lot of projects done in two weeks,
if I am feeling up to it!


Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Beauty at the Butterfly Conservatory

Thank you for reading my Daybook!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. I'd be happy about the 65 jars of jam too!! i'm looking forward to making black rasberry jam when the time allows. Hopefully I can make some other kinds if I can get ahold of the fruit. Have you ever made blueberry conserves or jam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe, yes... you look like a real threat to Homeland Security. :)

    I hope your hubby is recovering quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather ~ I enjoyed reading your Daybook. I participated for the first time today. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are thinking and doing lots, I like the sound of the Jam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!