Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday #2


I just cannot believe I am giving you a terrible 'before' picture of myself, but I had to - to prove a point - some things just make my life easier - and prettier!



I have about 5 minutes for my hair each day. But I really don't want to go around looking like this - you can see why!!!! In the morning after my shower I let my hair partly dry - than I race into the bathroom and after 4 or 5 minutes, I look like this!






See my happy smile? I use a $15 blowing curling brush to lift, smooth and tame my otherwise unruly locks! I think it works really well. I can usually find these hot air curling brushes at Odd Lots cheaply too.




My hair used to be really thick and have lots of body - before liver disease. My hairdresser would charge me extra because I had enough hair for 6 women! Now it is thinner and not so nice, but hey - at least I'm not bald! It tends to have a mind of it's own, though, so this is such a help!


Now, a word of caution. I have gone through at least 3 of these over about 4 years - they do die, as the comments/reviews on the Conair website warns. My solution? I keep the packaging in my bathroom closet with the receipt and if it is still under warranty when it dies, they replace it. I have also come across these at Wal*Mart in the clearance area and bought an extra to have handy. Hey, for $15 I save hours in the bathroom, I don't buy any 'root lifter' or other hair products, and I don't scare the neighbors ( you did look at the before picture right?)!!! I figure it is a small price to pay for something that really works for me!



Be sure to head on over to Rocks In My Dryer for more great tips on WFMW, but please be quiet - Shannon is sleeping! There is some serious 'home from Africa' jet lag going on and you know how much a Momma needs her sleep!

4 comments:

  1. Great Tip...I didn't think about keeping the box and recipt so as to return and get replaced when the item died....I LOVE IT!!!!
    Thanks so much...more frugal stuff for me.

    You have been tagged for the "What’s On Your Refrigerator?" meme. It is a Meme and a contest! I'll be giving away two free books. Read all about it at http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures!!! They are so great -- just like in the magazines!!! You even did the smiles (or no smile) correctly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I think you look lovely in both pictures though, you have a beautiful and happy smile!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want one of those! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!