Monday, February 11, 2008

41

It isn't a very pretty number, but I guess I can put up with it for a year - after all, birthdays roll around quickly these days! I can hardly believe I am so old! I remember when I thought 25 was ancient! I don't feel so old though - just a bit weathered! Every day is a precious gift from God - and I will appreciate them all!

I'm having a rather ordinary day so far - I was to the dentist for a cleaning this morning and now on to washing and tidying! How does the house get to be such a disaster in such a short time? I think the thread all over the house is one clue - our home always gets neglected when I am sewing! I'm not a neat sewer who picks up ever little thread as I go - I like to let them fall where they may and get them all cleaned up at the same time! Somehow they just don't stay in the sewing room though!

A step in the right direction - the hardware is up for the valances! That was a job in itself - so exacting! I really really have no excuse now not to get these done and up! I also took an hour and re-did the seat on our computer chair ( which is in the same room). The strapping was sagging and the padding was compressed! I padded it so much that the old cover didn't fit, so I used a bit of the valance fabric and it really looks quite fine. The chair was part of a cherry dining room set that has been in my husband's family since the 40's - and this particular chair has had a rough life! It is too far gone for a full refinish, but we like it and now it is comfortable again, so for however long it stands up, we will enjoy it! It has a nice familiar creek and fits well with the old desk the holds our computer!

I must get back to Monday morning chores! I am happy to say that we all seem to be on the mend and feeling better, so hopefully this will be a really productive school week. We might even get some snow tomorrow which will be the perfect incentive to finish the snow unit we started in December! Of course, there are some Valentine surprises in the works and a birthday cake to make - so many sweet adventures in our future, and happy times to look forward to! May the Lord bless your day with His perfect peace!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!!! I hope you have a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday honey.

    Seems not that long ago our sweet girl showed up a month late. But what a blessing you have been in our lives.

    So have a G R E A T day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you!!!

    An Irish blessing for you:
    May the winds be always at your back,
    may the rains fall softly on your fields,
    may the roads rise to meet your step.
    May the best day of the previous year be the worst day of this coming year (ok that one's a bit convoluted but it's a blessing I do pray for you and your family).

    A priestly blessing as well:
    May the LORD bless you and keep you and cause His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you and give you peace forever.

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday - 41 isn't old at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!

    I'm in the middle of sewing, too -- curtain panels. I'm not the world's neatest thread catcher, either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very happy bithday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look GREAT!!!!! And with that I welcome 41!! Many more happy blessed birthdays to you!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy Birthday to a very special friend! I pray you had a blessed birthday!!
    (((hugs)))
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your kind birthday blessings! I am so very glad to have so many thoughtful friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!