Monday, February 18, 2008

Kind words greatly appreciated!



Thankfully I have been more limber and in less pain today! Thank you all for your kind words, prayers and commiserations! My goose egg is gone and I can sit for short periods of time without much discomfort! It's a good thing! I am so very thankful for strong bones, a thick skull, and quick recovery. Sleep made a big difference - last night I was comfortable enough to rest well! Praise God!

We've had a quiet day of school work and errands today. We listened to 'Les Miserables' by Victor Hugo from Focus on the Family radio theater. It was so touching and really opened the way for some great discussion about redemption, making the decision to forgive and living a life pleasing to God. Thankfully, some of the harder topics were far about the children's understanding and I didn't have to explain as much as I thought I would. We all had a good cry at the end when Jean dies, of course, but as our Storyteller said, 'He was ready to stand before God since he walked with Him everyday anyways.' Oh, that that would be said of me when it is my time!

2 comments:

  1. **Shhhh!**
    You are invited to a SURPRISE BLOGGY BIRTHDAY PARTY for kari this Wednesday, Feb 20.
    She is turning 40!!!

    I would love for you to stop by the party on Wednesday to surprise (hopefully!) the birthday girl, enjoy a bite of cake, sprinkle a little of your magic birthday dust, and check out the party favor giveaway!

    blessings,
    kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad that you are feeling better, Heather!!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!