Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pleating Complete



One window down, only three windows to go! When they are all up, I will get out the steamer and smooth them out. Do you think I need to iron the pleats down crisply or leave them soft and billowy? The fabric is a thick cotton jacquard and the piping is a bit stiff. I wish the white lining didn't show as much, but I couldn't find a co-ordinate that was lightweight, came in 54" width, and was inexpensive. I buy 'rain no stain' lining by the bolt when it is on sale - if I'm sewing curtains, that is! It works, I guess. The Dreamer loves this pattern and wishes she had picked it for her bedroom! It's a bit formal for a young girl's room, but I think she was just trying to compliment the anxious seamstress! Now, back to the sewing machine *groan* .....

5 comments:

  1. I think your lining is perfect. It blends into the bright outdoor sunlight, and it also blends into your white windows. I don't think you could have chosen anything better. Good job! They look wonderful!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just amazed at this work, I cannot imagine all the deatail and work that this must be. I myself received a sewing machine for Christmas from my dear husband and I am yet to get a pillowcase perfected. I can only hope and pray to someday do a job like this, it is just amazing.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those valences are beautiful!!! Great work! I have ***a*** valance that I need to do for my living room,and it doesn't look nearly as hard as yours. I need to get to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job honey.

    Looking out the window leads me to think yoou were able to do the "snow" science segment at school.

    Looks like home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a beautiful job!!! I've never attempted curtains -- I guess I'm kind of scared of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!