Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm thankful for .....


Don't be alarmed - you haven't missed Thanksgiving! I'm just trying to get a jump on the heart of thanksgiving!

While Grammy was here for a visit, she started a new 'game' for The Storyteller. For a long time he has played "Whaddif?" which evolved from "Woof?", which being loosely translated means, "What if ... ?". Due to his wild imagination, thirst for mayhem and destruction, and propensity toward random acts of violence, "Whaddif?" has been a fanciful parade of WORST CASE SCENARIOS. Not such a fun game ...

Grammy is making an effort to change the game - and it's working! The new game is "I'm thankful for ....". The conclusions are far more positive and the lack of violence is refreshing - thank you so much Grammy! Why didn't I think of this years ago?

So today, as I was hanging out the first load of washing - in full fledged 'we are almost done the renovation now I can finally spring clean' mode - I began to play "I'm thankful for ...".

Would you like to play too?

I'm thankful for ....

  • a late night call 'we made it safely home'
  • the morning mists lingering and the rays of sun breaking through
  • breezes - wonderful refreshing breezes
  • an old hymn bringing to mind my Saviour's love
  • clothes dancing on the line
  • a pressure washer to blast away a season's worth of grime
  • a tidy shed, a place for everything and everything in it's place
  • re-discovering old garden tools and putting them to use
  • footbaths
  • singing trees
  • ice cold water
  • tepid showers and good strong soap
  • a growing girl giggling along beside me

I'd love to know what you are thankful for today!

2 comments:

  1. HeffalumpMay 15, 2007

    I am so VERY thankful for two wonderful daughters. Each in her own way is just so VERY special to me. And, they both trust me ( us) with their children. "Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for a husband who delights in his wife being at home each day. I so much enjoy going about my day whether it be out in the yard working, inside taking care of household chores, or being available to my mom if she needs help. Just this week I walked around the garden and thanked the Lord that He put me here on this exact property, with this house, with this family, with all the blessings He has given me...and with so much more to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!