While Grammy was here for a visit, she started a new 'game' for The Storyteller. For a long time he has played "Whaddif?" which evolved from "Woof?", which being loosely translated means, "What if ... ?". Due to his wild imagination, thirst for mayhem and destruction, and propensity toward random acts of violence, "Whaddif?" has been a fanciful parade of WORST CASE SCENARIOS. Not such a fun game ...
Grammy is making an effort to change the game - and it's working! The new game is "I'm thankful for ....". The conclusions are far more positive and the lack of violence is refreshing - thank you so much Grammy! Why didn't I think of this years ago?
So today, as I was hanging out the first load of washing - in full fledged 'we are almost done the renovation now I can finally spring clean' mode - I began to play "I'm thankful for ...".
Would you like to play too?
I'm thankful for ....
- a late night call 'we made it safely home'
- the morning mists lingering and the rays of sun breaking through
- breezes - wonderful refreshing breezes
- an old hymn bringing to mind my Saviour's love
- clothes dancing on the line
- a pressure washer to blast away a season's worth of grime
- a tidy shed, a place for everything and everything in it's place
- re-discovering old garden tools and putting them to use
- singing trees
- ice cold water
- tepid showers and good strong soap
- a growing girl giggling along beside me
I'd love to know what you are thankful for today!