Monday, January 1, 2007

Blessed New Year!



We just never know what a new year will hold, and sometimes the uncertainty is met with a glorious expectation of all the good that may come or sometimes fear and dread. Isn't it a blessing that we don't have the ability to 'see' into the future and know the path our days will take - it would be completely overwhelming! God alone, in His great wisdom, keeps the secrets of our New Years journey in His confidence, and gives us strength for each new day as it comes! One day at a time, one moment at a time!

I have not had much time for planning for the new year but I always set some small personal goals to work toward, since I truly believe the old adage 'aim at nothing and you're sure to hit it!'. With The Historian so uncomfortable for the past 10 days, time for planning has been limited, but I am going to get to it - soon! Thankfully, he seems to be seeing some improvement in his pain level, so I pray that this crisis is passing and we will be able to resume a more balanced routine. I especially look forward to more restful nights since his pain is reduced he will presumably be less restless - I pray!

The blessing is that we have a very special visitor with us - my mother! My dad brought her down to help us out during this time. He drove almost 1400 miles in three days in order to bring her to our aid, and we are so appreciative.

I'm not sure if we are ready to begin school again tomorrow, but we will ease ourselves back into routine and try to extend the joy of the Christmas break just as long as possible. W have so much to do tomorrow in the line of phone calls and housekeeping items that have been put off, so our day will be full once again!

May the Lord bless you and your family with great joy in the coming year!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that your husband has not had any relief from the pain. My husband went through this last year, so I know how hard it is to watch and hope and pray for relief. What a blessing for your Mother to come to help. I will pray.
    Blessings, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Patty! He is actually feeling better and has gone back to work. We are praising the Lord because thought he isn't pain free, at least he is able to continue a fairly normal routine.
    My mother is a blessing - we are so glad to have her here!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!