Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Post #101



I'm not sure how I let this slip by me, but with my last post I reached 100 posts! When I started in August, I thought I might reach 100 posts by the end of a year, but I never realized how fun and satisfying blogging can be, and the wonderful community of blogging friends one can enjoy! I guess I underestimated! The digital camera purchase has also increased my enjoyment of blogging since I can share photos quickly, and of course, upgrading our computer was a big, big help! I was thinking of trying to get up a bit of a draw or something special to celebrate the auspicious occasion, but alas, it has come and I am unprepared! So much for good intentions!
I would love to have any 'lurkers' just say hello! It is so encouraging to know that you are taking the time to check in once in a while! I appreciate your stopping by!

During my Ladie's Bible Study yesterday we were talking about putting people 'up on a pedistal'. We discussed how we look to others around us and wrongly assume that they 'have it all together'. We can even begin to look to others for the answers to life's questions. That is one difficulty I sometimes have with blogging. I find myself looking and thinking, 'wow, she does this, this, that and the other thing - her home is spotless, beautiful and orderly, her kids are lovely and always well behaved, her walk with the Lord is constant and she has an adoring husband - I want to be like her when I grow up!'.

When I start to feel that way, I know I am taking my eyes of the only true example Who will never fail me - Christ alone. I love learning so many things from the wonderful and gifted women whose blogs I so enjoy! I like having little glimpses into the daily lives of women who are journeying through the Christian life, experiencing the joys of making their homes places of beauty, coping with the ups and downs of parenting, and facing the trials and difficulies we all endure. I don't want to put my blogging friends and the crazy idea I have of their 'near perfect' lives up on a pedistal - that is where Jesus Christ alone belongs in my life! I love it when my Bible Study ladies remind me to fix my eyes on Jesus!

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Hebrews 12:2

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    I have been happy to get to know you over the backyard blog fencing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fence...not fencing, hehehe.

    Can you tell I'm surrounded by fencing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right about that lovely pedestal. I bet the people we put up there would be shocked we think that about them, too. There was a time I learned someone actually thought I had it all together and I was sure shocked. I am nowhere close. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good post. I think that I am guilty of putting some bloggers up on a pedestal, too. They have the family situations that I desire, the homemaking skills I desire . . . they seem so wonderful! But your post was a very good reminder for me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post, Heather!! Also, congratulation on post #101!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally relate to what you're saying. I just discovered homemaking blogs about a month ago, and I am addicted! lol But, I do find myself, sometimes, feeling like I can't measure up. Silly of me, but still...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!