Thursday, January 4, 2007

'Keeper' #1



We tried this recipe last night for supper for the first time and it was really easy and very tasty - declared a ‘Keeper’ by all. I made some adjustments to the recipe which I found in my Gooseberry Patch Taste of Autumn cookbook. I like to use fresh herbs from my garden as often as possible, so I made that change and adjusted the method accordingly.


Pork loin was on sale for $2 a pound at Meijer’s this week so that is why I decided to try this one, however when I looked at the label and realized that they had added a 10% solution of chemicals we opted for the natural chemical and hormone free pork loin roast in the meat case which was more than twice the price.


Rosemary Roasted Pork Loin
2 sprigs of rosemary leaves (no stems)
2 teaspoons of mustard seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1 ½” cube of fresh ginger
2 tablespoons olive oil
6 cloves of garlic
3-4 pound boneless pork loin


Combine oil, garlic, ginger and mustard seed in blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add rosemary leaves and blend again briefly (pulse). Add salt and pepper and rub mixture over surface of pork loin. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.


I served this with my rich tea biscuits and honey, boiled redskin potatoes, and steamed baby carrots with green beans, along with generous helpings of my homemade apple sauce. It was AWANA night, so we had no time for dessert!


I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Great flavor and very tender - the only draw back was the garlic breath!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! This sounds delicious! I love rosemary and garlic. I have picked out a few new recipes to try this week. I went grocery shopping tonight and just got back. I will let you know how we like them!! How is everyone feeling at your house?
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying this one ASAP! Thanks :0)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds SOOOO mouth-watering good!!!!

    I LOVE your plan for trying new dishes!!! And I REALLY love you sharing them!!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!