Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Day Walk


We had a very wonderful and relaxing Thanksgiving Day! It was such a blessing to have my Dad and Mom from Canada here for a visit! We had a relaxing brunch in the morning and then my mom and I strapped on the aprons and got to work in the kitchen. She is an amazing pie maker and had the pumpkin pie whipped up and in the oven in no time! She is unaccustomed to my 'tools' and doesn't really like my marble rolling pin, so it didn't go as well as she would have liked, but my it was tasty!

When the rolls were baked and the turkey in the oven, with my Cranberry Pecan Dressing tucked safely inside the bird, and the bird roasting in the oven, we went for a walk!

We are so blessed to have a Nature Center near by! Membership is inexpensive and helps to support all of the wonderful educational programs there. The buildings were not open, of course, but the trails and grounds were perfect for a good long walk. We had a great time and I took the opportunity to try out my new camera more. I am finding that I still have a lot to learn, but it is fun! I do love the 'delete' button!

With a hearty appetite, we came home and put the finishing touches on our meal and then sat down together to enjoy it. We 'plated' the meal, since there were only the six of us, and passing hot dishes with certain energetic young ones can be dangerous.

We are overwhelmed with thanks to God for all of His wonderful gifts to our family! Just being together for a small family celebration is a rare and special treat! We have much to thank God for each day, but it is wonderful to set aside a whole day of thankfulness. I hope your day was as blessed as ours.

5 comments:

  1. the HeffalumpNovember 26, 2006

    What a wonderful visit Heather. You accomplish so.o.o.o.o.o.o much. The "bird " was great, the dressing scrumptios, and the company together, the best.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, seeing the Dreamer next to your Mom lets me know just how tall she is getting! It's a great picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't she tall for 9? My mom is shrinking - down to 5'11" at her last physical, but still, she is tall and The Dreamer is gaining ground! The Historian was noticing just the other day that her round baby face is elongating into a lovely grown up face! 'sniff' Our sweet girl is just growing up each day it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, thank you for you kind comments about the children - they really are a blessing. I had to deleat your comment simply because you used the children's proper names - a slip I have made myself! Please don't be offended. I am honouring my husband's wish that we keep their proper names from the pages of this blog. I hope you understand!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!