Monday, November 13, 2006

Sunday Dinner Rolls


Kelli's pictures of Dot's rolls on Kelli's Blog Sunday reminded me of this simple but yummy recipe. They are no-fail and very easy! Enjoy!


Sunday Dinner Rolls

1 package dry yeast dissolved ( or 2 1/4 tsp. bulk yeast) in ¼ cup of very warm water
½ cup light organic sugar
2 eggs
1 cup warm water
½ cup canola oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
4 cups unbleached all purpose flour

Add sugar to yeast and water. Beat eggs in warm water and add oil and salt. Combine with yeast mixture and gradually add flour, mixing well. I use the dough hook on my stand mixer for this job. This dough is very sticky and does not require kneading. Use a very large greased bowl ( it rises to at least double it’s size). Cover with a damp tea towel. Let stand overnight in a draft free place and in the morning dump unto a floured board. Divide into 4 parts for small rolls or 3 parts for larger rolls. Pat or roll each ball into a flat circle and cut like a pizza ( I actually use my pizza cutter) - 6 or 8 slices depending on the size you like. Roll from the large end to the small end and place on greased cookie sheet turning the ends toward one another to make a crescent shape. Let stand until you get home from church. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes at 375 degrees F.

Adapted- origional recipe from 'The Original Sunday Dinner' compiled by Lora Lee Parrott

3 comments:

  1. Mmm......they sound delicious!! Thank you for the recipe!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that cookbook and one other of hers.

    In the other cookbook, she gives recipes but most of it is the story of hospitality shown as a pastor's wife and mother to her sons.

    I'd love to get her Meals From the Manse but I've never come across it at a library sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom gave me the book when I was a pastor's wife and I have used so many of the recipes! I have made adaptations now that we are trying to eat organically, or at least wholesomely! These rolls are just so simple and yummy and a batch can vanish in a meal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!