Saturday, November 4, 2006

The Historian

This morning, fortified with steaming stacks of The Historian's internationally known blueberry pancakes with warm blueberry 'compote', we ventured forth to purchase a few items - one of which was our first simple digital camera! At last! I am very pleased, but of course, there is a lot to learn. Since the children were producing only silly faces and goofy grins, I decided I would sneak in for a photo of The Historian. This was my 5th try, and already I have learned something new! A moving target is much harder to photograph than a still subject!

The one big drawback of not having cable or satelite t.v. is that college ball games are sometimes unavailable. We have a 5 inch (that is not a typo!) color t.v. with an attached antenna for the sole purpose of watching the local evening news and football games. The look on the historian's face when he realized that football had been pre-empted for golf was priceless! It reminded me of The Storyteller with a mouth full of brussels sprouts - a bit hard to swallow! Nevertheless, there is always radio, so The Historian took to his comfortable office to listen and to work on his 'history hobby project' on the laptop. I'm not sure of the outcome of the game, but I'm pretty sure his favorite team was winning - again!
I think I am going to like the digital camera. It wasn't expensive, I am not a great photographer and have no experiance with digital, so I'm sure my pictures will be pretty poor until I learn more, but it is fun to deleat the goofs and try again. This way I can share some pictures without waiting until the roll of film is complete, and I don't have to pay to print my mistakes. Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Heather! Have fun with your new camera!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading your blog, Heather. I am an adoptive mummy myself, although not so far down that road as you are - our son is almost 3, and came to us at 18mo. Your little blessings sound so precious. God plans the best families :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting snap of your "historian". You will have bundles of fun with the digital camera Heather, and you will be able to send your parents plenty of up-to-date snaps of the dreamer and the storyteller. I know they will look for them.

    Great job on the "blog"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new camera!
    Have a blessed week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!