Friday, October 6, 2006

On Being Content

I was going over our Storyteller's AWANA verses for Wednesday. He was reviewing a verse he had learned many months ago:

Hebrews 13:5
... be content with what you have, because God has said,
"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
An easy verse to learn, not as easy to live day to day. I feel great when my home is clean, beautiful and in order, when my husband blesses me with a compliment and a hug, when my kids are healthy and well behaved, when I'm absorbed in a great book, embarking on a creative project or enjoying a recently aquired item, but though all these things are good and satisfying, knowing without any doubt that the God of all creation, Who made heaven and earth, will never leave me, never forsake me - that is the secret of true and lasting contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!