Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Nanny's Chili Sauce

I finally got the pictures back and here it is! The result of 14 hours of kitchen time last week - my Nanny's Chili Sauce. It doesn't look like much on my counter, but as it is quite an intense condiment, a little goes a long way! I'm glad not everyone in the family likes it because I would have to make a whole lot more of it! The colour of this photo is very off - my walls are a rich sage green, and the counter is green and black granite with flecks of gold and ruby red - 'verde butterfly' I believe they call it. There is still a faint hint of simmering chili sauce scent as you walk into our home today ... time to get out my pumpkin candle again! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...I'll bet your kitchen was smelling really good!!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I told my sister on the phone what I was making, she said just the opposite! EEeeeewwww! I think it is the cider vinegar - quite potent after a few hours of gentle simmering! My husband really likes this sauce, so he likes the smell - I don't!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny Heather! Chili sauce is one of my Dad's favorite foods. He could eat it for breakfast! LOL
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I so enjoy reading your comments when you kindly share your thoughts!